Simply

Edit My Images
No
Anyone bought from these guys? Ordered a 24 - 105 L on 17th. Conf email came in all good. Then Monday afternoon an email drops in saying they want more proof I am who I say. So Tuesday morning I scan, my driving licence, the Debit Card I used, & a Bank Statement and send in. Nothing all day. This morning a new email comes in, saying they need a bill, so I send my BT phone bill PDF. Then I get an email back telling me it has to be a utility bill. Now I live with parents so don’t have any utility bills. I email again, explaining this. Also requesting a refund for the extra £8 I spend to get delivery within 3 days. Again now I hear nothing. I can’t get though on the phone. The total sum has been taken out of my account on Monday 19th.

Where do i stand on a full refund?

You can cancel the order under the DSR but if the item has been shipped you'll lose the delivery costs. The alternative is to dispute it with your CC saying you haven't received the goods but they'll probably want you to wait up to 30 days before they'll do anything.

Umm. I just hate being messed around you know. Funny how they have no problem taking the money, but then dont ship.

Cancel the order, you have the right to a refund with no questions.

If you get as lucky as I once did with a £400 generation 2 iPod, from John Lewis, after they messed me around with it for three weeks, you'll get an email confirming your full refund, and three hours later, the delivery guy will knock on your door with a nice box for nothing.

Cancel the order, you have the right to a refund with no questions.

If you get as lucky as I once did with a £400 generation 2 iPod, from John Lewis, after they messed me around with it for three weeks, you'll get an email confirming your full refund, and three hours later, the delivery guy will knock on your door with a nice box for nothing.

I am out of pocket by about £800 no item. I could spend £30 more and have it next day. Crap. Will not ever use these people again.

Well they are still fobbing me off. No Lens, and money still out of my bank, no sign of dispatch. Im not best pleased and £800 lighter.

there are bad stories about this company all over the internet,

I hope you get your money back

I would be very careful. You have just given your debit card, bank details, Address, DOB, copy of a valid ID (d/license), home, mobile etc. to someone over the internet.
I am sure in the wrong hands this info could mean the £800 could feel like nothing......
ID fraud is huge, I would advise your bank, cancel your card etc.

Just had an email today. Saying my Lens will be dispatched today, with free next day delivery. So we will see.

Why would they want ANY proof of who you are?
I've never been asked for any.......

I've had that happen to me a couple of times over the last few years (the asking for extra i.d. bit) when first dealing with a company, Play.com was one of them.

Well Still no Sign of a dispatch email as they promiced. So I have sent them a rather nasty, but to the point email, giving them unil Wednesday to refunt the full amount, otherwise I will take the case to the Small Claim Court. Madness. Now I need to fine somewhere else to buy a 24 - 105. Crap/

Did you pay by bank transfer or debit card? I'm not sure but I think Visa Debit cards have the same cover as their credit cards.

Well Still no Sign of a dispatch email as they promiced. So I have sent them a rather nasty, but to the point email, giving them unil Wednesday to refunt the full amount, otherwise I will take the case to the Small Claim Court. Madness. Now I need to fine somewhere else to buy a 24 - 105. Crap/

Although you made no comment, I told you in a previous thread of yours that T4 Cameras in Swindon had them for £679. They still have them but they've gone up to £729 (delivered) now though. Still cheaper than many places. Mifsuds are advertising them at £719 + P&P but I'm not sure if they have any.

End of the day, I need my money back first before I can even think of buying elsewhere.

Simpy are a joke. As you're learning just don't touch them with a barge pole. As I'm sure you know by now they are Hong Kong based pretending to be in Nottingham. I had the same saga with them for a Nikon 24-70 but they sent it 4 days after I cancelled the order. Getting my money back turned into a right mess around.

I found google checkouts dispute process was pretty unhelpful to.
If you've not had you're item by now I'd start a charge back now. Visa have some quite strict timelines for starting this after transaction and you can always stop it later if they do refund.

Hugh

Guess what Royal Mail had for me this moring? 8.00am a Special Delivery Box. And inside my 24 - 105 WOW.

Thank God. BUT I will NEVER use them again. EVER.

For clarity here, we're not confusing Simply (Misco) with Simply Electronics. It is Simply Electronics you have issues with yes?

I have always found Simply (Misco) excellent.

Simply Electronics I am talking about for sure, they are on Amazon too as a trader.

A mate of mine got a 50inch plasma from them with no problems at all,another mate has just ordered a 24-105 from them the other day so lets see what happens.

A mate of mine got a 50inch plasma from them with no problems at all,another mate has just ordered a 24-105 from them the other day so lets see what happens.

Figers crossed it goes smoother than mine mate.

I for one will not use them again, too much bum clentching for me. LOL

Back