Simultaneous wireless remote shutter release and flash trigger

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
Yes
...looking for a system where one transmitter, in my hand and “away” from any equipment, with a single press, fires any and all combinations of shutters and flashes wearing appropriate receivers...(and, to be greedy, let’s me adjust unit parameters remotely)...

....with a single camera I think I can do it with a Bluetooth shutter release, to a camera wearing a transmitter in its hotshoe....yes???

...but (remember the greedy part)...I want to be able to set up “anything” (especially multiple cameras) and trigger all parts with a single wherever-I’m-standing button push...

...suggestions?...

not possible.

If you remotely fire a camera and flash simultaneously, the flash will have fired before the sensor is exposed,

You could however do this:

Let's assume Godox, as it works best with all camera types.

Godox transmitter in hand on Channel 1, Godox receiver plugged into each camera remote socket also on Channel 1.

Each camera has a godox transmitter in the hotshoe on Channel 2(or a different channel if you want to create a different lighting setup). Each flash also on Channel 2 (or other) with whatever groups you require)

You can then put your handheld transmitter on Ch2 or other, and adjust all the flashes per group, then switch to channel 1 and fire. Your handheld transmitter fires the cameras, the cameras fire the flashes.

Thank you, Phil. That confirms something I already heard about Godox, and also answers the question of whether, in that scenario, the handheld unit had access to the parameters of both channels... ... so, am I correct that 2 transmitters and “n” receivers allow single-camera shutter release, causing “n” flashes to fire... ... and, an additional receiver, plugged in to a second camera’s port, triggers that shutter release...BUT if I have no need for the second camera to fire additional) flashes, does it still need a transmitter in its hotshoe? ... or, for discussion, 1 transmitter fire 2 cameras, one of which fires multiple flashes? ... [if so, I cap my transmitter need at 2]

I think it can be done BUT it would require the same setup on each camera., I would hate to have to set it all up

Stage one

you would have to have the same camera on each with the same settings

Stage Two
However you would need a transmitter and the same receivers on each camera that the transmitter would trigger the cameras

Stage three

You would need something like Pixel King transmitter as the transmitters have a by pass connection so you can fit a flashgun on top

stage 4
same flashgun for equal power on same setting

so you would end up with something like this on each camera. One transmitter as the master and the rest acting as slaves. You would need all on the cameras as shown so they react to the camera trigger if you wanted them all camera mounted

DSC_2656a.jpg

why pixel king transmitters?

Stage 5
using them you can also trigger remote flashguns ,not only on top of a cameras, using Pixel king receivers also you can alter the flashguns to suit depending which channels you use

As I said at the beginning it would be a nightmare to set it all up let alone all the AA/AAA batteries you would need

Phil mentions using GODOX buit as far as I am aware GODOX doesn't allow a flashgun to be mounted on top of a camera as in the photo I posted Pixel King does

You would not be able to make adjustments remotely however you would have to alter flash trigger and or the flash gun .

Lets take it a stage further as to cost

say cameras+ £ 1500 x3 = £3450
decent flashgun £250x3 = £ 750
flash trigger/ receiver x3 = £300
Camera trigger/reseiver =£300
Batteries AA enelope pro x 50 =£100
batteriesAAA x20 = £30
Memory cards =£100
Battery charger decent one =£60
Tripods x3 cheap =£300
Tripod heads x3 =£400

total =£5000+ if you lucky More like £6000 upwardsand that is without anything to carry that lot in

And that is not including extra flash guns etc just to take a couple of photos, presuming you already have all the camera lenses for say 3 cameras or you can add on a few more thousands of pounds and you would be lucky to get away with under £10,000

Last edited:
Thank you, Phil. That confirms something I already heard about Godox, and also answers the question of whether, in that scenario, the handheld unit had access to the parameters of both channels... ... so, am I correct that 2 transmitters and “n” receivers allow single-camera shutter release, causing “n” flashes to fire... ... and, an additional receiver, plugged in to a second camera’s port, triggers that shutter release...BUT if I have no need for the second camera to fire additional) flashes, does it still need a transmitter in its hotshoe? ... or, for discussion, 1 transmitter fire 2 cameras, one of which fires multiple flashes? ... [if so, I cap my transmitter need at 2]
Yes
1 transmitter - 1 receiver plugged into the shutter release of each camera.
1 on camera transmitter fires remote flashes.

but in reality you could make life cheaper by using inexpensive brewer or similar transceivers for firing the cameras then use a simple Godox xt16 on camera to send the fire signal to the flashes, and hold ‘spare’ XPro flash transmitter in hand to change the flash power etc.

Back