Siskin

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
I noticed yesterday that we had a few Siskin about again. Decided to ignore the reds this morning (well almost!) & concentrate on getting a shot of the Siskin. We also have a couple of Greenfinch that have turned up. The Jay was hanging about too. I think it was trying to entice its young to come for some food.
Siskin_n_squirrels_027.jpg

Very, very nice shot!!

I wish I had the sort of distractions you describe:LOL:

Cheers. Not easy to take when you have 5 reds clattering about all over the hide roof & jumping over the lens hood as they run along the windowsill.:shrug: Life can be hard!:LOL::LOL:

I can only admire your dedication and determination to get this cracking shot under such difficult conditions. :D

Thank you all. I hope you now understand how much I have too suffer to bring you these shots.:shrug: :LOL: :LOL:

I wanted to hold my hand out and feed it :LOL::LOL:
Excellent shot all round Sawman :clap::clap:

its truly a hard life you lead up the Charlie, and i get more and more jealous of it every day ;)

Nicely caught, under hideous circumstances mate ;)

Aye, its no easy being me!
We have a new squirrel too. She arrived this afternoon & by the looks of her was about to give birth. I left her to get some food in peace as she seemed very nervous. Not like the normal lot.:LOL:

Beautiful sharp as a needle Sawman, whats your set up there? would love a few shots like that here as quite a few Siskin visit the garden but don't want any shots of them hanging to a feeder. (y)

Beautiful sharp as a needle Sawman, whats your set up there? would love a few shots like that here as quite a few Siskin visit the garden but don't want any shots of them hanging to a feeder. (y)

Cheers. I have a 2x2 post into the ground & from that the branch you see extends about 4 feet. Half way along I screwed a hook & hung a feeder.
That branch has held squirrels & all sorts while I took their pics.

Thank you buddy, good tip i will do my best to give that a go and try a few shots, how close are you and what lens do you use? are you in a Hide of sorts then? sorry for all the questions a newbie here so trying to get all the help i can. TY again Sawman. (y)

that's nae bad actually ;)

Thank you buddy, good tip i will do my best to give that a go and try a few shots, how close are you and what lens do you use? are you in a Hide of sorts then? sorry for all the questions a newbie here so trying to get all the help i can. TY again Sawman. (y)

Yes I built a hide in the woods. As to the lens. That was a 300 I used there at maybe 5ft distance. Ask away & I will do my best to help you.

Back