Sixpence the Otter

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
We don't often get to go to Wildwood as it is a bit of a trek from us - but I always love it there and was very impressed by the rescure bears new enclosure. Hopefully will have a few shots of the bears to share but first someone smaller: Sixpence the Otter. C&C welcome.

DSC_5876 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5883 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5886 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5900 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5887 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5878 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Our local red squirrel, otter etc. place has recently joined up with Wildwood and now have a wildcat as well as expecting lynx and wolves soon. In fact, the lynx may well have arrived since our last visit! Like your examples, the otters are very entertaining and while they don't actually pose, they do hang around long enough to get a few shots (at feeding time!) Our Wildwood is at Escot Park, just off the A30 between Honiton and Exeter.

A very co-operative critter and he looks as though he may have been expecting a reward for posing, but I guess he's maybe just used to humans with strange clicky things in their hands! #2 and #4 seem strongest to me, and is it a coincidence that they are the 2 where the water isn't a big feature?

Our local red squirrel, otter etc. place has recently joined up with Wildwood and now have a wildcat as well as expecting lynx and wolves soon. In fact, the lynx may well have arrived since our last visit! Like your examples, the otters are very entertaining and while they don't actually pose, they do hang around long enough to get a few shots (at feeding time!) Our Wildwood is at Escot Park, just off the A30 between Honiton and Exeter.

I saw on their website that they'd acquired another place - lucky you living close by!

A very co-operative critter and he looks as though he may have been expecting a reward for posing, but I guess he's maybe just used to humans with strange clicky things in their hands! #2 and #4 seem strongest to me, and is it a coincidence that they are the 2 where the water isn't a big feature?

Thank you - he was an orphan so I'd say he's been around people from a young age.

The Escot one is about 1/2 an hour away and we visit fairly often ( weekdays, during term time!) Took out membership just before Easter so can go as often as possible.

Excellent, absolutely smashing (y)

Back