Skeleton ID Please

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Found this when I was wandering along the riverbank and ID would be appreciated please.
Looks to me like an extra from one of the Scream films, probably not though
For scale purposes the coaster is about 5" in diameter
Thank you

Scream.jpg

It IMO would help if you include the profile view as well......plus a 3/4 angle!

PS the above is as 'helpful' as showing a picture of the back someones head and asking a stranger to recognise the person ;)

It IMO would help if you include the profile view as well......plus a 3/4 angle!

PS the above is as 'helpful' as showing a picture of the back someones head and asking a stranger to recognise the person ;)

Here is a another one from a different angle, thought the face aspect would be ok, oh well explains why I don't know what it is

Scream 1.jpg

To me when I saw the first I thought 'rear of skull' now seeing other aspect I still see it as rear/base of skull and the 'face' & lower jaw are missing.

Edit ~ size wise maybe a rat's skull....or half remains thereof.

Last edited:
The first one is the back of the skull and the second doesn't show much more to help ID it.

A local museum might have a selection of skulls to compare yours with and might even have someone on their staff who could help. IIRC, Chris Packham is "into" bones, so if you can get a message to him, it might be worth dropping him a line (FB?).

I thought it was the eye sockets and mouth with domed skull on top

I thought it was the eye sockets and mouth with domed skull on top

I believe that if you look true front i.e. opposite end to what you think was the the "face" (and took a picture of that angle) there are visible the remanent of the eye sockets......they will look a bit like an eyebrow ridges to each side of the midline.

Last edited:
Sure you are right, all this nature lark is a bit new to me, my previous nearest green space was Hackney Marshes

Back