Skomer Puffins

My learned colleague above is prone to understatement John !!

and yes my friend it is lovely to see something going the right way and you sharing something upbeat, ;)

Great news puffins are my favourite bird such little characters

Skomer Island is on myistvof places to visit in the UK. I can not go this year as all my holidays from 2020, 2021 and 2022 which were delayed, cancelled, rescheduled are all happening this year !

Next year I will book accommodation near skomer island and go over a period of 3 days. Hopefully one of the those days the weather should allow the ferry to run !

It's really good to be posting something positive. Most of what I post here is doom & gloom.

The first year's count of the Skomer Island puffins came out at 42,513 this week. That's the highest since counts began in the 1980's. The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales said it was an excellent start to the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65122131

This is great news. I am staying 3 days on Skomer in June, hopefully the ferry will run and I don't cock up my shots!

Havent been for a few years now, but it's well worth the visit. What amazed me was having to watch where you walked to avoid stepping on one they were that close.

Good to hear. I'm toying with going to May this year, best get my skates on.

Went last June and stayed on the Island for 3 days, never had so much relaxation time away from all technology. Mine was cancelled from 2020 and 2021 and eventaully got there. Plans are in place already to re-visit , its a magical place.

Back