sky pin numbers

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know how you find out what the pin number is?

I wanted to watch a film on movies 9 earlier, which shouldn't be a problem as I get the films. But it wanted me to add a pin number for some reason.

A quick squint on the sky site said that certain film ratings need the pin before 8pm and I think revenge of the sith is one such film.
No bother i thought, sky site said last 4 numbers on the viewing card are the pin,
I've been locked out of it twice now :razz:

Me thinks they speak with forked tongue.

Damn was gonna say its on your viewing card.....erm......Is it on any of the correspondance you have from them?

i've never used the pin function in all the time i've had sky, and iirc this card is getting on for 4 years old.

I bet it's part of their evil plan to make me get sky+

but that involves money min :eek:

Not 4 zeros?

we forgot ours....we just rung up and got them to set a new one.

movies 9&10 have now got 15 restrictions on and if you watch before 9pm you will need to put the pin in.
this also applies if you record them to the hard drive in skyplus and try to watch them back before 9pm!

It USED to be the last digits on your sky card but i think we have had quite a few sky cards after moving up to skyplus then to sky hd.

I've had to bite the bullet and call them :(

I hate talking to call centers on the other side of the planet !!!

pin is now reset and I can now watch a movies 9 and 10 again.

This has annoyed me no end, i'm certain i've never reset it as I never use it. I don't even have kids.:bang:

Thanks to all who replied (y)

Another example of unneccessary and unwanted nannying.

My boys were gobsmacked when they found a pin was needed for these.... they think I put it on there and called me SAD!!! :D

(However I find it a bit of a pain too...as there are SOME channels I dont particularly want them looking at...adult and gay channels etc...so Ive put the pin on those but when the pin comes up for Movies 9 & 10 I have to run in and secretly put it in on the remote...they find that laughable!!!
If I give them the pin so they can watch the movies then they will know it for all the other channels too. :wacky:

you mean theres adult channels :eek:

where the **** have I put that number :)

Back