Slavonian Grebe

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Or horned, if you're from over the Pond. In winter colours...

4420489079_b6080ebca7.jpg

4420488569_d9f8e4ca60_o.jpg

4420489549_efe39f400c_o.jpg

Taken with a Canon 50D, 500mm F4 + 1.4TC which was a bit of an overkill as I could have got a decent shot with my phone it came so close at times!

Hoping to see some in summer colours later this year.

More on my Gallery pages. :)

Can't fault them, they're excellent(y) Another vote here for the eye detail. Would love to see one in summer plumage too but would think they'll have left us by then:thinking:

Wonderful quality images Pete :clap::clap::clap: simply love #1

Lovely shots(y)(y)(y)and the fish appears to be a wee Perch. Spiney wee buggers to swallow;)

Fine set of images Pete, hope it stays around long enough for you to get some as it starts to come into summer plumage.

In my days as a car driver for my twitcher mates I saw a few of these beauties - but always as small dots in their powerful telescopes, so I love the idea that you could have fed it :LOL:

I got fed-up of carting my camera and 500mm CAT around and birdies still being dots of just a few silver crystals, so on one foggy day I didn't even bother to take it and this incredibly rare wader thing was walking in the middle of a 6ft wide ditch with 300 birders surrounding it :bonk::bonk::bonk:

DD

Superb, though it looks like the highlights are a little blown on 1 & 3. The dorsal spines on that Perch must make it a bit of a mouthful.

the first one is the mutts nuts mate,the other two ain't half bad either.Well done.

Back