Slide projector interval timing problems

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I have just got out an old kodak carousel slide projector for a friend who wants to use it for an exhibition.

she wanted to use it with an interval timer but there isn't one built in, i don;t have one and they are expensive and hard to come by.

I was wondering if an interval timer for a camera (modern one) could be modified (perhaps just the plug) to work with a slide projector. I think the input is a 6 pin plug of some type, possibly a DIN.

or if anyone had any other suggestions for a solution to the problem.

thanks, and if this is in the wrong sections then could a mod move it please

I think your logic is sound, my worry would be voltage. The slide projector might just run a mains voltage whilst those little timers will run about 5v. Only way to be sure is with a multi meter, plug it across some of the din sockets and see if you record any high voltages. The other problem is knowing what voltage trips the circuit to advance the slide, the camera timer will probably send a little pulse along the circuit this might not be enough to trigger the slide, in which case you'd need to start looking at relays to boost the power.

I assume the DIN plug is for the hand held remote.

In that case, just find out which two pins work the advance (by taking the controller apart) and arrange a separate interval timer to operate it via a relay.

A DIN socket should not have mains voltage on it.

Steve.

I've got an Arion control unit which should do the job if it has the normal socket on the back. If you do a search in my threads it should show up. James showed interest in but I've not heard from him in a while. Yours for the cost of postage.

Back