Slideshow software for mac

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully someone can help ive now got a new imac was running a pc before this.

i used to use the pro show gold to make the slideshows with music etc. But im unsure weather these work for macs

anyone point in the right direction

thanks in advance

Joe

You should have iDVD on the Mac as part of the iLife package which comes as standard.. This should burn DVD's for you. How it compares to Pro Show Gold I don't know but give it a try.

I was in the same position a couple of years ago Joe and now use Photodex web based system with my iMac. http://web.photodex.com

thank you for the replys

does the web based system of photodex still give you as good as the pro show gold versions etc

will have a look into it tho.

You should have iDVD on the Mac as part of the iLife package which comes as standard.

Not if it's a recent Mac. Apple stopped shipping iDVD with Macs a couple of years ago. It's not even available in the app store. Rumour has it that it's still on the boxed version of iLife but I haven't seen one of those in a while.

I still use it for rendering DVDs but it's never been great for building slideshows. Also, Apple really don't want you making DVDs......

Thanks for the replys its not the end of the world i still have my PC so can always still use that for slide shows just take the photos from the mac etc

I've been using Fotomagico for many many years now on a Mac. I had Pro Show Gold on the PC, and much prefer this. Not least because how it directly integrates with my libraries through the apple media browser, so no duplicates stored etc...

http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/

I've been using Fotomagico for many many years now on a Mac. I had Pro Show Gold on the PC, and much prefer this. Not least because how it directly integrates with my libraries through the apple media browser, so no duplicates stored etc...

http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/

Hi Jean-Paul,
Just tired fotomagico and do like how it works but on exporting to view on ipad the pics look washed out. Also what is the best way create dvd once in have created a slide show witout losing quality.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi kev.

Not sure why the output looks washed out on the iPad. It shouldn't do that. Does the export not look washed out on your mac? It might be graded incorrectly to you monitor.

Regarding making a dvd. Now that is a big question. It all depends on the size of your slide show, the duration of it, how high you are going to keep the bit rate etc. If you want the very best you control these yourself and do the calculations. Alternatively I would just use toast and burn the exported video file.

Hi kev.

Not sure why the output looks washed out on the iPad. It shouldn't do that. Does the export not look washed out on your mac? It might be graded incorrectly to you monitor.

Regarding making a dvd. Now that is a big question. It all depends on the size of your slide show, the duration of it, how high you are going to keep the bit rate etc. If you want the very best you control these yourself and do the calculations. Alternatively I would just use toast and burn the exported video file.

Thanks.

Sorry I used the export options for ipad but watching the created slide show on the dell ips monitors which have been calibrated with a spyder 3 pro the pictures look washed out. Will try one of the other options and see it is better.

Thanks for replying.

Very odd the export looks washed out. When you look at it before you export it, does it look washed out? Only thing I can think off is that it is a trial limitation? You may want to contact them to confirm...

Very odd the export looks washed out. When you look at it before you export it, does it look washed out? Only thing I can think off is that it is a trial limitation? You may want to contact them to confirm...

Thanks.

An old thread, but just a short reply on my experiences. Recently got a Mac and so was in the same situation. However we had slideshow software (Photostory Easy) from the old PC, so like Wedding-Photos mentioned above, we installed Parallels (it is useful for some other PC-only stuff too) and so are back creating slide shows like there is no tomorrow! If you have a lot of PC-only software, virtual machines are a good way to re-appropriate these.

Back