Slightly better, flies this time

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay, using CT's tips on hi speed synch I think these are a bit better than the spider shots. Any comments welcomed though :?

flymacro1.jpg

flymacro2.jpg

flymacro3.jpg

flymacro4.jpg

flymacro5.jpg

flymacro6.jpg

Fantastic! 8)

The best way I've found to use Hi Speed Sync is set the camera mode to Manual. Then choose whatever shutter speed and aperture you like, letting the flashgun produce the output to match those settings.

It looks like the flash was in the hot shoe too - shadows from above?

CT said:
Fantastic! 8)

The best way I've found to use Hi Speed Sync is set the camera mode to Manual. Then choose whatever shutter speed and aperture you like, letting the flashgun produce the output to match those settings.

It looks like the flash was in the hot shoe too - shadows from above?

Thanks CT :)

Thats exactly how I went, even then there was a fair bit of trial and error with the flash, choosing different ISO etc . Tried a combination from 1/200 to 1/500 and F8 to F16. Flash was on top of camera, I don't have an off camera cord for it, I don't even know if you get one. Any idea if the Canon one would work? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't but.....

Again, thanks for the tips, hugely appreciated :D

wow! really cool shots m8 well done

I've no idea if the Canon cord would fit mate. I would have thought Sigma would supply an off shoe cord. I'll post a pic of the cord connector just now. I haven't really used mine so far as it works so well from the hot shoe. I want to experiment with hi speed synch and bounced flash - it should work if you can bounce off something fairly close I would think.

Duh!! Of course it's just a hot shoe extension! :roll: If you have 5 contacts on the foot of your flashgun in the same pattern as the 20D hotshoe, then I see no reason why the Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2 shouldn't work with your Sigma gun.

Those shots are very very nasty. I love em. 8)

thanks guys :)

Back