Slik Pro 500DX

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I am considering buying a Slik Pro 500DX. My budget is sub £100. I know I have limited choices at this price range but I did handle a Slik Pro 300DX and 400DX in my local shop(both £99), which felt quite sturdy. Is the 500 any good or are there any others I should be looking at? I'm not bothered about the weight, I just require a tripod for general photography. Park Cameras have them for £89.99.
Ian

Last edited:
That's definitely one to look at. They get good reviews also.

Its seems that its a mine field choosing tripods let alone what sort of head for my price range. I'll probably go for the Vanguard one linked above after reading a few reviews on it. Better still, the wife said she will buy it for my up coming birthday.

I agonised over which tripod as well and the Vanguard was on my shortlist but my Slik came in at less than a £100 at that time which seemed a good buy.

lol
I was in the same boat last week, was going for the Vanguard Alta, looked at a few Giottos pods as well. After much research and youtubing I ended up ordering a Manfrotto 290 Dual.

Gets great reviews and will do all that I want from it, slightly heavier than some but it will be more robust that a 1.5kg tripod.

Only £99 as well which is a bargain considering what they are selling for in some places.

lol
I was in the same boat last week, was going for the Vanguard Alta, looked at a few Giottos pods as well. After much research and youtubing I ended up ordering a Manfrotto 290 Dual.

Gets great reviews and will do all that I want from it, slightly heavier than some but it will be more robust that a 1.5kg tripod.

Only £99 as well which is a bargain considering what they are selling for in some places.

It was the handles on my Slik head that I didn't like, yours are foldable which seems to be a better solution.

Quite like the look of the Vanguard, ball head so no handles to get in the way.

Last edited:
So far it will be the alta pro 263ab 100. I still have a few more days before I have to decide. I do like the fact that they have a support service just in case.

Back