SLR Hut

Edit My Images
No
Credit where it's due.

Placed order on Monday, they shipped on Tuesday arrived today (Thursday).

Great service, prices and support :)

what did you buy ?

Did they do their usual call prior to shipping to try and up sell memory cards, batteries etc?

they do have great prices on kit was going to ask at some point if they are reliable guess this answers my question lol

they do have great prices on kit was going to ask at some point if they are reliable guess this answers my question lol

bear in mind its grey import - but that aside they are modestly reliable (reviews are variable)... depending on what you are buying (ie whether the manufacturer offers a worldwide licence or not) the big issue tends to be that the warranty is with the supplier not the manufacturer so if the supplier goes pop so does your warranty (theres also the issue of items getting hung up in customs and whether the supplier will reimburse you for the tax /duty if you get billed (some do, some don't - but its wise to add about 20% to your budget in case of the worse case)

if you are okay with grey you may want to also checkout Hdew, Digital Rev, and Panamoz

I saw some places offer 3 year warranty is that through them or the manufacturer direct?

I saw some places offer 3 year warranty is that through them or the manufacturer direct?

if its grey its probably through them (mostly manufacturers will honour warranty on grey goods but they insist on it going back to the territory from which it was purchased - e.g mostly asia or america , which has the potential to be a real PITA. Some grey importers will handle this for you , some offer their own warranties instead, and some don't want to know

ah ok so not as straight forward as it first seems ............

that said how often do you need waranty on photo kit within the first year or two anyway ? I'm not a big proponent of grey but I do like to deal in reality - if the saving is big enough (even if you pay customs charges etc and don't get them reimbursed) then it may be worth taking the risk on the warranty issue.

viz matey on the other thread getting his 200-500 a month early and nearly 200 quid cheaper

I bought a D5500.

Regarding grey imports: Much of my kit comes from overseas, I travel alot and bring stuff home all the time, it's a risk I'm prepared to take, never had a problem and if I did I'd deal with it - glass half full and all that.

I'm very pleased.

I bought some stuff a while ago from them - no problems here - grey stock didn't bother me at the time!

Back