Small Flowers In My Garden

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Is this a new improved ring flash diffusion? #2 seems a little underexposed though on my phone so could easily be wrong.

Hi Alby, apart from them being flowers, I'm no help at all on ID'ing them... All crisp and sharp, but I really like the last one... looks like something is trying to climb it's way out of the petals.

Is this a new improved ring flash diffusion? #2 seems a little underexposed though on my phone so could easily be wrong.
Just playing with another ring flash Bryn, I prefer my shots a little on the dark side, you may have noticed. Slightly subdued seems to bring out a little more detail in the whites which I like.

Hi Alby, apart from them being flowers, I'm no help at all on ID'ing them... All crisp and sharp, but I really like the last one... looks like something is trying to climb it's way out of the petals.
Cheers John, wifey bought and popped them in the other month but like yourself I'm not a plant man really so I have no idea what they are.

Awww Alby not an insect in sight :(

Favs have to be the 1st and the 3rd, love the subdued light (y)

Awww Alby not an insect in sight :(

Favs have to be the 1st and the 3rd, love the subdued light (y)
Hi Ingrid, no insects as not had a great deal of time been painting the kitchen ceiling all afternoon. Thanks for passing by;)

Thanks Colin, I did wonder what they were. ;)

Hi there, I'm not sure on any names except the (upside down !) fuchsia :)
I like all the dark backgrounds, but number one stands out for me, I really like the angle of the flower with the inclusion of the stem.
Thanks Susie, I am sure Colin has the id correct. I thought the fuchsia looked better upside down :)

Hi Alby agree with Bryn that they are a touch dark but see why you have done it it does show nice detail in the whites and the red flower looks really intense

Hi Alby agree with Bryn that they are a touch dark but see why you have done it it does show nice detail in the whites and the red flower looks really intense
Cheers Pete, I do calibrate my monitor weekly with the spyder3 which is attached all the time and they do look just how I like them on that, viewing on my ipad3 they are a slightly different colour and a little brighter. Just going to check my calibration again but I'm sure it will be fine. I do keep the histogram to the dark side but that is just how I like my photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back