Small Towns and main streets, please share one of yours,,,thank you.

larbert.jpg

Larbert 2.jpg

we moved to larbert in 1973 and stayed there for 7 years in ladeside then moved to hampton in london...
stenhousemuir is an attached town
as you can see it has a mainline railway station which i used once to do a preservation society trip to london...there and back in one day

You have to have some see how to photograph feeling like the top one. I might say it's the 2nd fine photo you've shared. The stores you can open up the picture size to read the signs, see the people and kids no less. Of course all your photo's have time in them. That's a good gift for those who can remember. 1973 was a big year and turning time to The end of the Vietnam war and I entered the work force. I will be brave and say I like the processing. I use film lenses but know nothing about film.

Last edited:
You have to have some see how to photograph feeling like the top one. I might say it's the 2nd fine photo you've shared. The stores you can open up the picture size to read the signs, see the people and kids no less. Of course all your photo's have time in them. That's a good gift for those who can remember. 1973 was a big year and turning time to The end of the Vietnam war and I entered the work force. I will be brave and say I like the processing. I use film lenses but know nothing about film.

film lenses?...do you mean lenses which can fit film cameras...and i would hazard nikkor AI's

I use canon digital lenses with my 1D, but had to find something that had less coatings applied in them. I use Old manual Yashica's mainly. Have a couple of 50mm that are really bright. I like my 28mm f2.8 Yashica's . They changed the 28mm as they made newer ones, they had a 52mm filter thread. I use the ones that have a 58mm filter thread. Thats about it, spoiled with my fine glass. Gave my nikon to my daughter. It works and is open for drawing in the light when it gets used in a dark place, like pictures of the band of her brother. I use them on infrared my favorite type of photography when all of the trees around me turn green.

Last edited:
This is out in the desert, small little grouping of old houses, about ten all together. Only a few had someone living in them. Very interesting place.
IMG_0583.JPG
Really can't stop taking pictures of old houses. This is the main street right here in the dirt.

Last edited:
hampton village.jpg

hampton village pubs.jpg

we left scotland...larbert and stenhousemuir and landed on our feet in hampton village, middlesex
good for four years in front of the london commute mast...hampton to waterloo 40 mins
the good by for cornwall..mortgage cleared at last!!

Back