Small Towns and main streets, please share one of yours,,,thank you.

Name
Steven Worth
Edit My Images
Yes
Few lights signs stores just alive enough, events markets broken rebuilt and happy or sad.

IMG_0553.JPG
On the way home i fell in love with this little town, clean try'n to survive. So many little towns have much less and they are empty. Cheery here as christmas was just 15 days away. A two lane road went left and right at the street past the tower.

In certain parts of Montréal Qc, we also have these charming
streetlamp posts!

Your shot, Steven, is well exposed and very correctly rendered.
However, your legend contains more impressions and information
than the picture, IMO.

I think it was Hungarian photographer Robert Capa that said:
"If your image doesn't tell the whole story, get closer!

Hi Qc,, thank you for the good comments. Being a new person here I am always learning. I was trying to start a thread for everyone to post with in the information to help guide those wishing to post, helping in the imagery of thought dreaming. A very important part of taking a picture in the long run. Happy small town hunting, Canada might be the capital of small town living.

Last edited:
Canada might be the capital of small town living.

Yep, I think it is.

So much so that it turns out to be a way of life.
Even in Europe, I am avoiding larger cities to
prefer smaller villages.

Signed: Kodiak! (Qc stands for Québec!)

Now, there is a story here… and a very funny one! (y) :cool:

A walk thru this open square with 4 sides of booths and people trading or selling their stuff. This nice old gent talked to me with out missing a gesture with his colored pencils.
View attachment 101202

Sorry, please remove.

Last edited:
A walk thru this open square with 4 sides of booths and people trading or selling their stuff. This nice old gent talked to me with out missing a gesture with his colored pencils.

IMG_0561.JPG

Thanks for stopping by.

Small main street drive, all most missed this old jail. Did do a quick turn around as we left town just to pull in this drive by.

IMG_0567.JPG
Thanks for dropping by, leave a small town picture and make your self at home. Worth

SACK AVENUE 22 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

thanks to google earth

sack avenue, pennsgrove, new jersey. USA

not much changed since 1956
thats our bungalow on the corner
i once thought i would climb the water tower...there is a swamp there
but as i was an archery fiend i used to shoot my old arrows up to the top grating
cheers
geof

New Jersey,,Home of the world famous "Jackie Hollywood". Pinstriper of custom cars and anything to make your "Ride Cool". With his deep accented Jersey voice he will say "we will cruse" any night of the week in front of the police station. Now that I am composed,,, great idea to pull up the old home with google, gripping story about the your arrows and the thought of what the water guys thought about as they picked um up. They might have collected them and kept count. Good all around picture for a google grab. Cheers

New Jersey,,Home of the world famous "Jackie Hollywood". Pinstriper of custom cars and anything to make your "Ride Cool". With his deep accented Jersey voice he will say "we will cruse" any night of the week in front of the police station. Now that I am composed,,, great idea to pull up the old home with google, gripping story about the your arrows and the thought of what the water guys thought about as they picked um up. They might have collected them and kept count. Good all around picture for a google grab. Cheers

i saw world heavyweight holder jeresy joe walcott land at camden airport 1951
we used to swim at atlantic city and ocean city
lakes at centerton, and delaware river
best frozen custard stand in the usa
don bragg's cousin lived across the road

Donald George "Don" Bragg (born May 15, 1935) is a retired American athlete who competed mainly in the pole vault and won a gold medal in that event at the 1960 Summer Olympics.[1]

Bragg grew up in Penns Grove, New Jersey, where he attended Penns Grove High School.[2]

and so did i attend pghs...as a freshman

bruce willis lived in town for a bit

it was an exciting place ...penns grove...in those days..

Last edited:
Bicester high street, good Friday march.

stop2.jpg~original

Wonderful interaction of music and song, these small communities are showing lots of life. Great viewing the longer you look.

Yes, we used to regularly do the march.

So did we when I was in an Anglian church in Manchester..we put the Cross up in the local park then took it down at "dawn" Easter morning
No one tried to steal it in between.
It was a churches together event.
Cheers
Geof

Sunset on the main square of Ehrenhausen
in south Styria, Austria.

Taken from the honour mausoleum dedicated
to Ruprecht von Eggenberg… who fought the
Ottoman ambitions in the plain of Pannonia.

Ehrenhausen%2083%20XDpp.jpg

So did we when I was in an Anglian church in Manchester..we put the Cross up in the local park then took it down at "dawn" Easter morning
No one tried to steal it in between.
It was a churches together event.
Cheers
Geof

I think Bicester might be a little 'edgy' to leave wooden crosses laying around. ;)

This was a churches together event too, usually with a passion play acted out between people from different groups. In September we used to put on a party in the local park & invite the town to it. We became involved in a more local church in 2009 and then a new plant in Banbury last year, so Bicester is neglected by us now.

I think Bicester might be a little 'edgy' to leave wooden crosses laying around. ;)

This was a churches together event too, usually with a passion play acted out between people from different groups. In September we used to put on a party in the local park & invite the town to it. We became involved in a more local church in 2009 and then a new plant in Banbury last year, so Bicester is neglected by us now.

Yes..there was a passion play..in silence..unfortunately the vicar who organised it moved away so now it's dormant
We are evangelicals from 1989 and now are in a community church in hayle
It's strange the terms which are bandied about when we all should be on the same bible based script

We are church musicians so we have done a spot of church planting here and there
Cheers
Geof

BON2 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr
bridgeness tower..

BON1 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr
bo'ness town centre

when the broken part of the family made it back to scotland in 1956
this was where we ended up
yes its a slum building..an old tower which was a folly..

in this town...which is not changed much
time heals and the winners are the stayers
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Amazing looking place to have lived, that tower, though I bet it wasn't warm.

Yes..there was a passion play..in silence..unfortunately the vicar who organised it moved away so now it's dormant
We are evangelicals from 1989 and now are in a community church in hayle
It's strange the terms which are bandied about when we all should be on the same bible based script

We are church musicians so we have done a spot of church planting here and there
Cheers
Geof

I grew up in a baptist church, moving to a new frontiers community church when we got married in '81, then moved to Oxfordshire in 1990 & helped plant Bicester community church in '91. Became part of a CoE church plant at Heyford Park in 2008/9 and ended up helping run the place for a couple of years before returning to Bicester, then Banbury last year. I'm a musician too - 2 gigs tomorrow, one at an interfaith event in banbury, the second supporting a CoE church in Deddington.

Hayle looks a fascnating place to photograph.

Fascinated with the Brightness Tower picture, looks like a lot of stories were born there.

Mayerhofen, Tyrol, Austria: a "tourist town" largely developed in the 'seventies and 'eighties...

16466049705_089eccbf04_b.jpg

One I took while serving in Germany back in 1954... It seemed quaint even then. (some where in Westfalia)
Taken with a Solinette 2.

cowtown by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Cathedral Green, Exeter, Devon.

26165649881_ea102467ec_b.jpg

The good old cathedral brown! Probably taken soon after the christmas market had left its usual quagmire but before the October 2016 fire that all but destroyed the Clarence Hotel (just out of shot to the left of this photo).

The good old cathedral brown! Probably taken soon after the christmas market had left its usual quagmire but before the October 2016 fire that all but destroyed the Clarence Hotel (just out of shot to the left of this photo).
February last year. I have dozens of shots of the Cathedral Close going back to the '70s - perhaps I'll dig some out and bore you with them. :)

Toni,,great set of more and more blue sky's as they stack up. The last one has a place to rest, always looking and feeling good when I can set and take on life together.

Amazing looking place to have lived, that tower, though I bet it wasn't warm.

I grew up in a baptist church, moving to a new frontiers community church when we got married in '81, then moved to Oxfordshire in 1990 & helped plant Bicester community church in '91. Became part of a CoE church plant at Heyford Park in 2008/9 and ended up helping run the place for a couple of years before returning to Bicester, then Banbury last year. I'm a musician too - 2 gigs tomorrow, one at an interfaith event in banbury, the second supporting a CoE church in Deddington.

Hayle looks a fascnating place to photograph.[/QUOTe

Alison played flute and keyboard and I have used the oboe, saxes and clarinet. Now I only have my bass guitar.
The church we are in now have a lot of musicians so we aren't involved any more.
May be getting a new 4/3 body and I think it's going to be the Olympus MD 10... Maybe mk 2
I am really getting swayed by the idea of 16mp and the use of higher iso's
Will keep the lumix 24-45 kit zoom
Cheers
Geof

Last edited:
Sure enjoy the deep rivers of memories these sets have brought out to get some air time. Here is a picture I took of a small hill side Navajo town. It is off the corner of the free way. If your not looking you miss it. Out passed this freeway town are spread out ranch houses. The Navajo's are good ranchers. They also talk very kindly, friendly to you and make you feel good.
This one big strong looking fellow had his new Ford pick up truck,,bright red. I visited with him for awhile as I want a 4X4, just can't afford one. I could tell when he heard that that he was quite happy with his truck. Here is the small hill side town.

IMG_0573.JPG
Taken with 1D MK4. 105mm f/4

Old%2BPhotograph%2BCanal%2BStreet%2BGrangemouth%2BScotland.JPG

where i started my apprenticeship in the shipyard
i moved to the general office when nearing the end of my time to do a year in the drawing office
first building in the row

3.jpg

the old town where the shipyard is...gone now
grangemouth scotland

Last edited:
Looks like a "Stem" going up to the left. When I left trade school I still was doing academics, so went to school all day. Finished and went to work in San Diego as a pipe welder in the ship yard there. Ended up in aerospace welding vessels and much other stuff. [emoji1008] It really is a mans job there, thank goodness for the good people who guided me to 43 years of Navy certifications. A good Engineer is like a good left hand to me, all I did was go to school when I wasn't working. Saw some great stuffff. Cheers on the drawing, my friend tried to talk me to go to work with him and change my skill set. Right now my photography is my best skill set. I wonder thou about the picture of the hill side. It was super bright, hot desert sun,had a polarizer but didn't use it. It is close to acceptible. [emoji624]. Your picture looks good, the ship looks like a 25,000 ton wanting to make waves,,,,cool. That 2nd picture that just popped up is a pure content winner. Good eye my friend.

Last edited:
Back