North England Snake Pass Peak District.

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Planning my next trip to Peak District and have been looking at some youtube clips of Snakes Pass, not been that far on previous visits so thought I might give it a look... Any decent places along the road side to photograph. I see a couple of small water falls and of course Lady Bower. Anything else of interest ?. Thanks.

There’s plenty of stuff to go at at Ladybower, and the other 2 res’ Derwent and Howden, but current levels are very low.

The other snake locations tend to involve a hike I believe rather than being roadside, Alport Castles looks spectacular and is on my to do list

Have you done the hope valley locations, they’re not too far away? Mam Tor, Winnats Pass, Cave Dale are all great.

Then there’s the edges and Tors - Stanage, Bamford, Burbage, Higger Tor etc etc

As above Mick’s book is a great resource

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I have pretty much done most of the ones you have mentioned popcorn, with the exception of Stanage edge, which is also on the list on this trip.. We are staying at the Lady Bower Inn so wanted to take advantage of the close walks. Alport Castles looks to be a maybe as well.
I will check the book out. Mark, Superfortress, will check into that as well, but the hike might be a bit much for me.

all the best.

Last edited:
The book is fantastic

The book is fantastic

The book weights a ton, so much infomation.

I have started Planning my next trip there, looking at some of the weirs on the River Derwent, how is that flowing at the moment seeing that the res's are very low.

Pete

Back