Snow Flake

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Been a while so thought I would go out tonight and try to get a snow flake or two, its difficult to find one lying in the right direction to photograph though.. C&C welcome....

5226625935_7f45dbc513_b.jpg

5226670799_c00bb38a3a_o.jpg

5227233388_4199e0649c_o.jpg

Wow!

Those are absolutely beautiful. The detail and clarity are spot on, particularly in no.1. You seem to have managed to isolate the flake really well in that one which can't have been easy.

The dark background is really effective too. What lighting and lens did you use for these?

The first looks amazing. I'd also be interested in lighting setup.

Beautiful! I'll add my name to the list of people wondering what kit you used?

Thanks for looking - I took these at night and used a LED torch just to enable me to find and focus on the flake, I have a MT 24 Flash to light the subject attached to my 'MPE + 25mm Tube' - You just need to find a snowflake thats on an exposed area that you can get the lens close without squashing it....and with no background so it keeps it dark.

First one is outstanding. :)

Some Cracking shots there Gary :clap:

I ventured out yesterday to try afew snowflakes...didnt really get any i was happy with.......although............

....at quick glance, i thought i'd captured a baby reindeer :cautious: :LOL:

DSC05152.jpg

Really like the first shot - the other two are impressive but the first is more pleasing on the eye. The form of the flake against the dark BG is spot on :clap:

Great shots love, great detail.
Must be hard to find a single snow flake, this year anything below 12 inches depth is rare :D

Nice set, look in spider webs for lone flakes, that is where I have most success finding a single flake to shoot.

Those are absolutely STUNNING! Snow pictures are becoming two-a-penny at the moment, but this is a novel twist on it involving a superb use of macro!

Lovely stuff, that is the bestest piece of photography I have ever seen in a long time!

hi gary
brilliant pics
what type of macro lens did you use also did you have extension tiubes as well

Showed them to my kids who think they are amazing, and can't beleive that the snowflakes they make out of paper are actually like the real thing!

Nice work, makes me want a macro kit now!

you just got the ultimate complement, a WOW of my wife, don't think I've ever had one of those :)

Great shots, I wish I had the time and the kit to try stuff like that.

Hi Blog,

Wow excellent Photographs! I am so impressed and it really is starting to feel very seasonal and christmasy. Good stuff!
Photo painter, you say that you used an LED light? Do you mean just a regualr small plastic one?
Thanks!

Hi Blog,

Wow excellent Photographs! I am so impressed and it really is starting to feel very seasonal and christmasy. Good stuff!
Photo painter, you say that you used an LED light? Do you mean just a regualr small plastic one?
Thanks!
Hi fearne

Thanks for that I found a neat little led light which is torch but you click a button and the base turns into a tripod then the light tilts ideal for lighting your subject hands free

Back