Snowshill Lavender Farm: Pre-Wedding Shoot Out

Name
Dat Le
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, as you may know, I've already posted my first pre-wedding shoot out here at TalkPhotography about 2.5 weeks ago.

Today, my friend again asked me to *shoot* a couple (friends of hers) for their pre-wedding day. I hope I can learn some from my previous mistakes as well as develop myself a bit, please feel free to give me any comment / critique (y):

The gear was the same - most of them were taken from my Nikon D90 + AF 85mm f/1.8D, only different in places + the couple.
Also, I didn't do much post processing - only a bit enhanced on the color + the vignettes.

4838606971_1985475518_z.jpg

4839218014_5043aaf187_z.jpg

4839218356_ef716419dd_z.jpg

4839217660_ae6b2e5295_z.jpg

4839253982_525914d9f4_z.jpg

(more images will come soon - waiting for their permission. Higher res can be viewed @ my flickr.)

Last edited:
Colours really pop out in this set, really stunning.

Only thing i'm not sure on is the framing/cropping of a few. I don't get the first one (lack of heads), and with 3 the elbow/fingers are cut off a little, number 4 the tops of the arms.

thank you (y)
i guess that would be because of the long focus range giving from the crop sensor + the 85mm :(
I will take care of that next time :(

I really like the composition of number 4. Yeah, sure the tops of the arms are cropped a little tight but I don't think it takes away from the picture.

These are really nice and I love the colours. It would be nice to see a bit more of her face in number 5. Lovely location!

Lovely images, great colours, tones and the lighting works very well. In number 3 I'd have liked to have seen her whole face albeit blurred in the background and in number 4 it would have been nice if her face was reflected in the mirror!

These are lovely too, #13 and #16 are my favourite. What processing do you do on the images?

These are lovely too, #13 and #16 are my favourite. What processing do you do on the images?
hi, thanks for the comment :)
I did use Aperture 3.0 (which is extremely slow on my mbp arggggg) but really not much processing - due to the slowness..
For most of the photo, I just added a little vignette, curve, and reduce the highlight.
(my D90 was set to vivid though. And I did jpg but not raw - due to the slowness again :()

there's a few really nice shots in there, I think the biggest

16. Real shame you have the bouquet in there, I think it would have been much better without, would have looked like a really nice candid moment.

11. My fave shot, looks more natural than most of the others.

Thanks mate, #16 I think I do have another version, but with the bouquet at the side, but that one doesn't look good though :bang:
Btw, they're not professional model, esp the groom, it's really hard to get natural photos :(

Last edited:
Lovely images, great colours, tones and the lighting works very well. In number 3 I'd have liked to have seen her whole face albeit blurred in the background and in number 4 it would have been nice if her face was reflected in the mirror!

#3 I've tried one with her face reflected in the mirror, but I don't think that one looks good, as there would be more "spaces" if you let the mirror reflect the sky.. That's my opinion anyway :shrug:

#4 I'm not sure about it but I love to have just her smile in the pics :bonk:

Very very nice set .... nice distinctive processing you have - keep it up !

Back