So...my first ever shot on film...and my first ever scan...!

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Those of you who frequent the Film section of the forum may know that I recently purchased an RZ67.

I've finally got round to finishing on a test roll to make sure the camera functions properly and it's nice and light tight and all that jazz. It was my first ever roll of film (since a point and shoot when I was about 8) so I was a little precious over it, hence, this is the very first shot I took, and it just so happens to be my beautiful girlfriend.

Shot with TMAX 400, developed by Menor Photographic, and scanned on a V500 Epson scanner.

For a first shot on film, and first scan ever, I'm happy :)

The qualities of film I desire are already apparent, now I need to hone my knowledge and go forward to use it to it's best :) Thanks to everyone for your continued patience with my ridiculous film questions

Here we go:

5750777375_bf22881fa7.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously I boosted the contrast more on the second shot...but not sure which I prefer. hhmmm

First one for me Danny, an excellent shot and a very pretty girl.

I haven't done any film portraits yet but I think it's very near the time I did.

Andy

First one for me Danny, an excellent shot and a very pretty girl.

I haven't done any film portraits yet but I think it's very near the time I did.

Andy

Yeah I'm feeling the first one more too now, taken a step back and I don't like the contrast adjustment I've made on the second shot at all.

Thanks for the kind words :)

If I didn't need the convenience of digital I'd ditch it....immediately from this point on. I will dump my Nikon as soon as I can afford a digi back for the RZ67 (y)

In some respects I feel the same but as I take a lot of wildlife the convenience of digital will never be replaced. However I am using far more film than I used to and I can see it getting more not less.

Andy

An excellent result whatever version, but its your image so its your preference. Congrats on the RZ67.

and now you have to get it wet printed as you,ve done such a good job so far

A very beautiful photograph, great balance, subtle light almost creating an aura around the sitters eye,s. Excellent and know wonder you are a portrait photographer.

An excellent result whatever version, but its your image so its your preference. Congrats on the RZ67.

Thanks for the kind words :) And I really feel that the RZ67 is the most important photography purchase I've ever made. My Nikon is now my "digital polaroid" camera, enough said...

Lovely portrait. Exquisite tonality.

Thank you so much. Tonality of film work is gorgeous, I'm actually in love with film right now!

and now you have to get it wet printed as you,ve done such a good job so far

I won't pretend to know what that is, lol. Shame on me....

A very beautiful photograph, great balance, subtle light almost creating an aura around the sitters eye,s. Excellent and know wonder you are a portrait photographer.

Very kind words, thank you very much for taking the time to comment :)

I'm going to London tomorrow for a fashion shoot, I will be shooting film, Acros 100, no idea how the film will perform, but I'm hopeful :) The digital will be in attendance because I don't trust myself with just a light meter....yet....(y)

Nicely done. Isnt working with a RZ somthing else, it makes me think more and Its much more satisfying to get a good image.
Mart

Back