So Tottenham burns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
massive social engineering will be required, looking at the people that have been going through the courts, its not just the subculture of young scrotes, there appears to be a large quantity of older scrotes too - actions and reactions again, there is no real punishment for people, and thats the fault of the handwringing dogooders who want to hug criminals, understand their issues, connect with them, and tell us that the criminals are actually the victims in all this. etc.

anyway im out of this now, ive made the fact that im a politically incorrect dinosaur...

You aren't that much a dinosaur, frankly I'd birch the lot of them, but a bit of education wouldn't go amiss either. I'm firmly in the camp where both a carrot and a stick should be used!

Mount a defence then. If you only want to thrust and parry when it suits all you had to do was say so.

We have but you are hell belt on your conspiracy theory rubbish or more likely you are sat there knowing that what you are typing is basically rubbish but doing it just in order to cause trouble.

You aren't that much a dinosaur, frankly I'd birch the lot of them, but a bit of education wouldn't go amiss either. I'm firmly in the camp where both a carrot and a stick should be used!

I bet they wouldn't be such hard men having had the birch, I actual fact I should imagine that they would be crying like little babies.

I think Laudrup's missus must have run off with the local beat bobby. :D

I've got to say that I think that the concept of removing the offenders' benefits is absolutely barking as well, to the point that anyone who has signed it has effectively condemned themselves to being labelled as idiotic and reactionary. A few people on here have expressed support and yet regularly lambaste the Daily Mail for the stories that it runs.

Remove the benefits from a part time scrote and you are almost guaranteeing turning him into a full time, hardcore criminal.

I can't stand the little turds but

a) benefits are cheaper than a prison cell
b) more muggings will equal more fatalities and/or serious injuries

It's a seriously badly thought out idea which smacks of a knee jerk reaction.

Yes social engineering is required to fix the problem, but let's do it properly and have a sustainable solution, not a mindless half arsed one.

I partly agree , but if the little barstards are already mugging, rioting,looting etc while in receipt of benefits there's nothing to lose from taking the benefits away.

Nobody in this thread has seriously condoned lynch-mob tactics, just appropriate legal sanction for the crimes the rioters and thieves (and murderers) have committed, whoever they are.

Lighthearted comments aside, there's no denying that if a property owner or householder is in possession of a firearm the temptation to use that gun might be overwhelming if the victim is confronted by an actual or perceived threat to their person or their loved ones. This is one of the most frightening things about gun ownership. Several years ago I lived in a house about 300 yards from where I live now. It's a genteel village location, an affluent area, but that by its very nature often makes homes around these parts attractive to burglars who are often very well organised and experienced. Over the course of three years we were burgled three times, despite taking what we thought were appropriate measures. On the first occasion I came home in the winter, in the dark, and I opened my front door to find that every room in my home had been ransacked. I don't just mean that we'd been burgled, the house was smashed to pieces. What they couldn't carry and steal, they destroyed in what appeared to be a frenzy, no corner was left untouched. They even assaulted my dog, an elderly labrador who later that night had a heart attack. As I've said, I have a fear and disgust of guns, but if a loaded weapon is close at hand the combination of terror and anger could drive an otherwise peaceful person to commit a serious crime if threatened and pushed to defending themselves. I wonder what I might have done had that been the case. The memories make me shudder, but what I came home to was insignificant to what many of the victims of the riots encountered. You can understand why some of them are feeling vengeful.

right i think the thread has run its course. thanks to everyone for making an interesting and varied debate!

mind the doors

ive cleaned up some of the less charitable comments on the last couple of pages as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back