So Tottenham burns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as a member of TALK and this is the important part PHOTOGRAPHY this is going to be my last post in this thread as it's getting stupid/childish/pathetic and any other derogatory verb you would like to paste in there, I hope this gets :lock: before any more animosity is built up between members.

I'm going to see if I can find some photo's to comment on (y)

The police officer shot duggan twice one bullet stayed in his body

the other bullet passed through him and lodged in the policeman's radio..

allegedly..

Geo..

I cannot see any justification for their actions from anyone.

Excuses = justification..... What's the difference? :thinking:

Very sad that you have such a gloomy out look, I for one love this country and the shining examples of humanity that even in the current situations should still shine through

Awww bless! ....... I bet your fluffy pink teddy agrees too ;) Please be aware the real world sadly revolves around the bad... not the good!

Forensic tests are still underway, the fact remains as someone else has already said, if you have no intention of causing harm why carry a gun?

Awww bless! ....... I bet your fluffy pink teddy agrees too ;) Please be aware the real world sadly revolves around the bad... not the good!

He has a good point though, I'm not saying it again

And I'm like a mogwai, after midnight, it's not pretty :)

Splog said:

Really, do you say anything that isn't doom or gloom?

Where are the excuses? Possible reasoning for actions but not condoning there is a world of difference!

I don't know if Mark Duggan did or didn't shoot at the police or go for his gun, other people seem to be sure though.

Do yourself a favour at tune into LBC radio live online (Londons Biggest Conversation 93.7fm) and have a listen. Very saddening.

Come on guys, less of the personal stuff. I would like to keep discussing this unbelievable situation and don't want the thread locked.

I honestly can't believe what I'm seeing and hearing. People talking about old ladies getting caught up in this, homes being broken into. What kind of a monster does this, as far as I'm concerned the police need to take a harder line to protect the real innocent people and worry less about the idiots standing around in the streets watching and cheering. They put themselves in that situation.

And now it has kicked off in the Smithdown Road area of the city centre here. Lots of phone calls to be made to friends now.

People have very short memories don't they?

Unbelievable, we have press on the streets scared to film for fear of attack. The Sky News reporter resorted to filming on his iphone an was attacked. It just doesn't get anymore lawless than that.

You seem surprised that people committing a criminal act don't want it filmed.

Pics of violence in Liverpool on Sky now... This is absolute madness...

So as a member of TALK and this is the important part PHOTOGRAPHY this is going to be my last post in this thread as it's getting stupid/childish/pathetic and any other derogatory verb you would like to paste in there, I hope this gets :lock: before any more animosity is built up between members.

I'm going to see if I can find some photo's to comment on (y)

Some things are a little more important than photography don't you think?

Certainly some people in this thread need to grow up, but this is serious. Three nights of this now with the police stretched to the limit and still having to man shifts for routine policing during the day. Another night of this and I hate to say it but I can see the army being deployed - as if they haven't got enough on their plate!

And now it's kicked off in Liverpool. This is a very sick society we're living in.

You seem surprised that people committing a criminal act don't want it filmed.

More suprised that its escalated to a point the hardcore British press are scared to film on the streets of the UK.

:shrug: Now in Liverpool, is this mass hysteria.

........the police need to take a harder line to protect the real innocent people and worry less about the idiots standing around in the streets watching and cheering.....

Unfortunately whatever level they come in at they will be criticised for being too heavy handed and too soft ! Officers make decisions in a split second because they HAVE to then groups of people spend weeks mulling over the smallest nuances of that decision and criticising them. The rioters are criminals and the police will do whatever is necessary to bring them to justice although this might be in several weeks time when the videos have all been watched etc.

Some things are a little more important than photography don't you think?

Certainly some people in this thread need to grow up, but this is serious. Three nights of this now with the police stretched to the limit and still having to man shifts for routine policing during the day. Another night of this and I hate to say it but I can see the army being deployed - as if they haven't got enough on their plate!

And now it's kicked off in Liverpool. This is a very sick society we're living in.

I think the troops are needed now..

I think the troops are needed now..

They do not get training in how to legally deal with rioters. All they could do is realistically boost the numbers as human barricades.

Could be time the Decent people of this country may have to get out of bed and lend a hand...lol

They do not get training in how to legally deal with rioters.
Let them do what they are trained to do

More suprised that its escalated to a point the hardcore British press are scared to film on the streets of the UK.

:shrug: Now in Liverpool, is this mass hysteria.

Fortunately a lot of the rioters are so stupid they will film themselves on their crime spree or end up bragging about it.

The video on sky was not filmed in Liverpool. It has kicked off here but so far there are no official pictures. Just some brave lad walking round with a camera phone. Lodge Lane, Toxteth (sigh), Smithdown, Kensington and now there is a mob marching into the city centre to attack the L1 shopping facility.

Madness.

Why, are you a black "gangsta"? :shrug:

No, because what does it look like to everyone seeing news reports around the world? It looks like a bunch of 'young' muppets ruining everything for no real reason and wrecking everything that surrounds them, even at their own disadvantage. I like to think the UK is a little different from the nonsense happening else where world wide - but its not really.

If joe public had more access to guns and weaponary, im not sure how different this country would be compared to all the violence we have seen in other countries around the world for the last couple of years!

Bunch of animals!

Fortunately a lot of the rioters are so stupid they will film themselves on their crime spree or end up bragging about it.

Sorry mate - but you're really not getting this - they don't care! There'll be lots of cameras out there taking pics of looters and they know it! Most of them know they're going to get arrested at some stage, and they have no fear whatsoever of the judicial process - most of them will have been through it umpteen times and they treat it as the joke it is! Don 't you see what's brought us to where we are?

Because the whole justification for the killing so far has seemingly been placed on him shooting at the police first. If the shots are all police fired, that would lead a cynic to believe maybe they shot the radio afterwards did this after they shot him to cover themselves. Or maybe the guy had acquired a police gun, I don't know, but it seems decidedly more than what was initially reported.

Not excusing the riots at all, I just think there could be more to the police shooting than meets the eye.

It does worry me that at a time when gathering information and communicating has never been easier it seems increasingly difficult to get the facts right or get the whole story first time. Menezes at Stockwell, Tomlinson during the G20 protests, even the account of Bin Laden's death when the SEALS were supposedly wearing video cameras to record the operation - all these major events have involved to a greater or lesser extent official lies, cover-ups, or mis-information requiring several versions to finally arrive at the official "truth." And now this. Ten years ago I would have accepted the police version of Dugan's death without question, but not anymore I'm afraid.

In no way does that excuse the disgracefull behaviour on our streets at the moment, but when communities percieve official bending of the truth it doesn't help either. All it takes is one flash point and then every low-life common criminal with no interest in the reasons for the protests takes the opportunity to engage in an unrestricted crime spree. A truly apalling situation, but sometimes society reaps what it sows.

They armed trained in armed combat.... thats good enough!

Has anyone tuned into LBC radio? A guy called in from the notting hill area to talk out about the violence and looting, while he was talking he cried out 'oh my god', you could hear a terrible scuffle and the phone went dead. This is unbelieveable!
There are reports of riots in Leicester, Leeds and Coventry. It seems that these are high immigrant population areas which is a great shame. Leicester is my home town and the huge Indian/Asian population have always lived in relative harmony.

Last edited:
Got it, listening now

In other news, BBC Heli is now back in the air. Not sure why theyve had no visual updates since about 9 o clock. It's all been repeated footage.

I think it's time that the decent people of London start exercising their right of citizens arrest. B&Q sell nice metal cable ties and pick axe handles :LOL:

Tie them to something thats on fire...

Well I don't advocate that, because then we really have lost it. This country is going to look like a joke to the rest of the world in the morning.

Jeez! ..... You really do live in a world of fluffy kittens and puppy dog tails!

Maybe he does, but isn't it a shame we don't all live in that world?

It's Woolwich :LOL:

Woolwich is burned to the ground :(
all shops looted...pubs set a fire ... banks damaged...
took a couple of hours for police to get here...

I dont think I will be able to do any shopping tomorrow:(

and will have to be extra careful when cycling to work and back...

LBC - "They need to be cracking skulls and beating people"
lol - tell it as it is caller!!!!

1,700 extra police being drafted into London from outside forces.

There are now unconfirmed reports that a police officer has been stabbed in Bootle. That is where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back