So what are folks shooting this Weekend? (6/11/10)

Name
Rogan
Edit My Images
Yes
You know the drill!

Busy weekend by my standards shooting LV= cup Rugby which of course will be completely overshadowed in the press by the big Internationals but hey ho! Got a cpl games at Twickers later in the month to make up for it. This weekend starts tomorrow for me.

Thurs: Newport Gwent-Dragons v Gloucester
Friday: Bath v Cardiff Blues
Saturday: Exeter v Wasps
Sunday: Saracens v Northampton

fun times!

Rogan, I'll see you there tomorrow night!

I'm sure you'll have fun with the lights at Rodney Parade...I'm borrowing a mkIV just so I can shoot the game (that should tell you how bad they are).

Thurs - Newport-Gwent Dragons v Gloucester
Fri - PR shoot
Sat - Bristol City v Preston NE
Sun - Day off
Mon - Magazine day...no idea what yet!
Tue - Free day for expenses, invoicing etc.
Wed - Swansea City v Bristol City

I'm sure you'll have fun with the lights at Rodney Parade...I'm borrowing a mkIV just so I can shoot the game (that should tell you how bad they are).

My 300mm has just been sold having got it back from a service at Nikon making way for a 400mm when I find a decent used copy (300 just not enough on full frame), so I'm renting a 400 this weekend. Eats up any money I make but I couldn't turn down 4 games, couldn't shoot more night games with the Siggy f4, and doing it has got me England games. See you there!

junior footy sat morning.. accy v oldham in fa cup sat aft

farmers market on sunday for local paper hmmm

quiet weekend.. made myself a bit ill last week..did too much...the big boxing event fri night and up til early hrs getting selection for papers.. then 2 footy matches sat and 11 bouts of MMA sat night... up to early hrs again processing then up early sun to get more pics done for paper deadlines.. tryin to cut down this weekend.

Looking at Hull v Scunny then charity ball in the evening. Sunday travelling down to Kent for two day ice skating event starting Monday. So far!

After some big games of late, it's back down to earth for me for a Blue Square North job for Blyth Spartans v Boston United. A nice comfortable trip for a change at least.

Fri Rochdale v Fc United
Sat Barnsley v Leicester
Sun Liverpool v Chelsea

Fri Rochdale v Fc United
Sat Barnsley v Leicester
Sun Liverpool v Chelsea

git! :)

I put my hand up for that with MEN but one of the staff togs enjoys doing fc so he got it :(

Darn it. ;)

Fri: Rochdale v FC United
Sat: Wales v Someone or other at rugby in Cardiff
Sun: Liverpool v Chelsea
Tues: Stoke v Tottenham maybe
Weds: Man C v Man U hopefully

Some mileage this week! Posted from the lovely Krakow :)

Rogan might see you at Bath v Cardiff. I don't think it's televised which means no extra floodlights for the evening... you'll need your D3 believe me. It's not pretty working with Rec floodlights in an evening kick off.

Sat: England v New Zealand (I think)

Last edited:
Rotherham V York in the cup for me!.

phil, did you fly 6.45 flight this morning ryanair? my girlfriend was on that flight
bet its cold there mate

Darn it. ;)

So I know you're having to drive to Cardiff to cover for me at the Wales v Oz game but as you're gallivanting round Eastern Europe I have to drive to Liverpool to cover their snore draw with Napoli tomorrow night in the Uefa thin cup. Now who's got the better deal? Here's a clue... you. ;)

Last edited:
Rogan might see you at Bath v Cardiff. I don't think it's televised which means no extra floodlights for the evening... you'll need your D3 believe me. It's not pretty working with Rec floodlights in an evening kick off.

Sat: England v New Zealand (I think)

Compared to tomorrow's game in Newport, the Rec is amazingly well lit...i've done both. Neither are fun, but Newport is worse...so dark in the corners it's nearly black, and the centre's still ISO4000 at 1/500.

Last edited:
Waiting to hear whether I have a game to cover this weekend, otherwise, I'll be sat at home watching the FA Cup.

So I know you're having to drive to Cardiff to cover for me at the Wales v Oz game but as you're gallivanting round Eastern Europe I have to drive to Liverpool to cover their snore draw with Napoli tomorrow night in the Uefa thin cup. Now who's got the better deal? Here's a clue... you. ;)

You sure Phil has the better deal, remind me again why do you need covering ;)
We know who has the better deal don't we Phil, have a nice time..............

Darn it. ;)

Busy busy boy :), just make sure you get the right train :p

Taking a break for a few weeks so nothing for me, instead i'll be playing spot the TP'er, my moneys on seeing Phil at least once :LOL:

A load of corporate PR stuff followed by England v All Blacks.

Very jealous. Make sure that you get loads of SBW and send them to the NZ papers. They will be gagging for it.

Busy busy boy :), just make sure you get the right train :p

Taking a break for a few weeks so nothing for me, instead i'll be playing spot the TP'er, my moneys on seeing Phil at least once :LOL:

Watch S4C tonight...you might spy me.

Failing that, the Football League show probably wont have me on it...stoopid Preston being crap.

Watch S4C tonight...you might spy me.

Failing that, the Football League show probably wont have me on it...stoopid Preston being crap.

Yup Preston are utter tripe, which is why i have not bothered with Deepdale this season.

Will be good to see some of your footy on the website :)

Remind me and i'll sort out a copy of the match program for you

Yup Preston are utter tripe, which is why i have not bothered with Deepdale this season.

Will be good to see some of your footy on the website :)

Remind me and i'll sort out a copy of the match program for you

The Swansea City game from 14/08/10 should still be there... but that was using less than brilliant kit as it was when my mkIII was being funny.

Hopefully this weekend should be better. Still be a tripe game though. 21st v 22nd. :thumbsdown:

Rogan might see you at Bath v Cardiff. I don't think it's televised which means no extra floodlights for the evening... you'll need your D3 believe me. It's not pretty working with Rec floodlights in an evening kick off

Just had a look and its televised on Sky so if that means extra lights hopefully it won't be too bad!

Just had a look and its televised on Sky so if that means extra lights hopefully it won't be too bad!

You're a lucky boy then! Still doesn't take away from Dragons tonight though :LOL:

Welcome to the dungeon of darkness...I started my career there and the lights have been awful from the beginning.

Next week I've had a game moved from the Liberty Stadium in Swansea, to Brewery Field in Bridgend :bang: From decent-ish lights, to pure guff.

Going back home(Stockport) this weekend, so will be at Man Utd V Wolves but in the stands not shooting.

The next week should be shooting Chelsea V Fulham on Weds.

You're a lucky boy then! Still doesn't take away from Dragons tonight though :LOL:

Welcome to the dungeon of darkness...I started my career there and the lights have been awful from the beginning.

Next week I've had a game moved from the Liberty Stadium in Swansea, to Brewery Field in Bridgend :bang: From decent-ish lights, to pure guff.
Is it that bad under lights, what ISO/SSpeed?

Is it that bad under lights, what ISO/SSpeed?

Brewery Field? Not been there since Crusaders played there, and I can't recall off the top of my head...I'll have to dig out a photo or two from the archives and check the EXIF.

Dragons at Rodney Parade is roughly 1/500 @ f/2.8 and ISO4000 in the centre of the pitch...falling off rapidly towards the trylines to nearly ISO6400 at the same speed/aperture.

Brewery Field is much the same as I recall...

Slight change of plan, now covering Doncaster Rovers v Millwall then black tie charity event in the evening and still travelling down to Kent on the Sunday.

Compared to tomorrow's game in Newport, the Rec is amazingly well lit...i've done both. Neither are fun, but Newport is worse...so dark in the corners it's nearly black, and the centre's still ISO4000 at 1/500.

Have you tried shooting the Rec during a non-televised game, when Sky or the BBC don't bring their own extra floodlights?

I was getting ISO8000 to 12000 the other night, at 1/500 & 2.8. But yeah I can imagine Rodney Parade being awful as well.

Dragons at Rodney Parade is roughly 1/500 @ f/2.8 and ISO4000 in the centre of the pitch...falling off rapidly towards the trylines to nearly ISO6400 at the same speed/aperture

Anything decent tonight James? You weren't wrong about Rodney parade. It was horrible light! Probs even worse than your estimates above, and so uneven around the pitch. I must have bumped into you as at exeter but since i dont know you from adam no idea! Next mutual game will have to say hello :wave:

Sod it, i know this is small fry, but to me its great because im jumping up 4 leagues.

TAVISTOCK vs LISKEARD ATHLETIC in the south-west peninsula league.

One day gentlemen, one day....:LOL:

Now if you can organise coverage for local newspapers......................... (y)

Back