So what are folks shooting this Weekend? (6/11/10)

Anything decent tonight James? You weren't wrong about Rodney parade. It was horrible light! Probs even worse than your estimates above, and so uneven around the pitch. I must have bumped into you as at exeter but since i dont know you from adam no idea! Next mutual game will have to say hello :wave:

I borrowed kieranmcmanus' MkIV for last night, so I was OKish...had to change a couple of settings (I don't know...youth of today, with their back-button focus, and their strange choices for the AF-stop button on the lens :thinking:).

Must say, I now want a mkIV and have emailed mifsuds this morning about a part-ex for the mkII.

Had some decent shots, nothing worthwhile with the tries but some good action. Not looked at the papers yet, but I'm not expecting a great deal...international weekend and all that!

I was sat at the same end as you...just the otherside of Martin (Glos official tog) during the first-half. Green and black stripy hat. I think you were sat next to the guy giving out team-sheets and programmes who I came and pestered while he was eating!

After a couple weeks out of the loop (just not able to get out) I will be doing the local football game. Because it is the winter league starts at 1:30, then head home and get in to watch a bit of Soccer Saturday while reviewing the faliures and few keepers.

Will be shooting in Raw for a change I think, since its for fun and the club there is no deadline.

As usual mine changes

SAT Accy v Oldham FA CUP

SUN ..half a shift for MEN calling at Rossendale and Haslingden for sports related stories.

I borrowed kieranmcmanus' MkIV for last night, so I was OKish...had to change a couple of settings (I don't know...youth of today, with their back-button focus, and their strange choices for the AF-stop button on the lens :thinking:).

Must say, I now want a mkIV and have emailed mifsuds this morning about a part-ex for the mkII.!

Ah do know who you are then! No trouble with the AF then? I was speaking to a Getty tog in Budapest who was having big problems with erratic focusing on that body when shooting bursts of shots at highish ISO's. Seems a different story from different people. Think there may have been some duff copies around in the early days.

Well chuffed today - got a big double page spread in the Sunday Times from the England v All Blacks game of Moody having a fight and taking a right hook to the jaw. I couldn't believe they kept at it so long just smashing away at each other while the game went on way down the end of the pitch.

What did you like about it over a Mk III?

The big one for me on Thurs was the ISO performance. I was at ISO4000 and the quality is still excellent. At lower ISO's that I'd be using at night (ie. ISO1600) it's excellent.

The AF seems to be more consistent too...if I'd had more than 20mins to set it up, I'd have been a lot happier with the resutls. But they were brilliant anyway.

The other big thing is that since it's 16.1MP you can pull-up shots from a lot further away, gives you a lot more options for shots that you'd not get otherwise.

Didnt have a game this weekend, attended a wedding instead but...................

Spurs v Sunderland tonight
Leicester v Sheffield Utd Tomorrow

Well chuffed today - got a big double page spread in the Sunday Times from the England v All Blacks game of Moody having a fight and taking a right hook to the jaw. I couldn't believe they kept at it so long just smashing away at each other while the game went on way down the end of the pitch.

Nice one congrats!

Ta. Here's a pic. Obviously very happy indeed and excuse the willy waving :D.

England-v-New-Zealand-.jpg

great stuff!! :)

Back