So what film camera/bit of kit have you been obsessing about today?

No, I just want to make some video for my business, they work well with DSLR's.

Well, that's excellent. I'm sure you'll make great videos.

Perhaps you haven't noticed though that this is a thread about film equipment in the film section of the forum.

Perhaps you should get a cine camera to help your business films stand out.

Well, that's excellent. I'm sure you'll make great videos.

Perhaps you haven't noticed though that this is a thread about film equipment in the film section of the forum.

Perhaps you should get a cine camera to help your business films stand out.

No, I didn't notice, and I didn't notice when you asked about a cine camera! I just clicked on the thread in the new posts, apologies

No, I didn't notice, and I didn't notice when you asked about a cine camera! I just clicked on the thread in the new posts, apologies

How did you get past our high tech security sytem ( alias @Andysnap :p)

Normally you have to show at least 6 pieces of ID and be completely stripped:wideyed: ( of all digi gear:p) before entering this forum and even then you would be closely monitered by Andy's muppets vigilant security staff ( ie US! ) :police:

Be warned…….:D

Have I not already posted this reply already elsewhere this evening:thinking:
We're being invaded:eek: …@Andysnap you need to get a grip on this security mate …..Summats adrift with the system:runaway::runaway::D

Fear not Asha, all is well.

The grass is purple, there are no tigers in my bathroom and fish still cycle round the moon.

But remain vigilant.

While I'm in here I probably out to confess. I've been obsessing over a 35mm SLR with automatic exposure as most of my cameras are entirely manual. Having begun by obsessing over the Olympus OM2n that escalated rather drastically to the Minolta Dynax 9. I'm now obsessing over Minolta AF lenses whilst I wait for the postman to bring me my new toy. [emoji28]

At the bootie in the past used to see quite a few AF Minolta's and found it all confusing (like the silly numbering of the Canon EOS's) so never bought....now I know a bit more it seems? the numbering system without the "00's" are the better cameras, so do look out for the 7 and 9.

Funnily enough, I've just run a film through the panoramic (135W) back for my Bronny SQ as I sort out what kit I'm going to take on the Onich trip. It ran in my mind that there was a spacing issue with the back, but the film has just been hung up to dry and the spacing looks absolutely fine. Not so sure about the content and processing mind, but I'll scan a few tomorrow and post an example to show the ratio.
Bearing in mind that this was a test roll, here are a few from yesterday at the old boat & barge yard. Bronica SQ-B, 50mmPS, 135W back, 2008 FP4+ in ID-11 1+1

2018-09-23-0003-copy1-tp.jpg

2018-09-23-0001-copy-tp.jpg

2018-09-23-0002-copy3-tp.jpg

2018-09-23-0001-copy2-tp.jpg

2018-09-23-0001-copy3-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up this lot from an ebay win. Very happy with it for £51

Usx9Res_L4tNrKGcUsrPoMngjGLDsVizqEDr4jSLlkQwXy2M0KFALwDKHL7upPY4Ge4z7oVg8xuV_YRe3G69yoV9ndFa9aOYj9nR84agc0Nb06_eq4vrwvZAe1uOdWItJq1n3DfbNTu6riQQLdymBNyZXKJKhV0VoaeiE5kE33ak3U_8OPzwqIlC3oZR_BmXS4lM020U8exaQrCR7X5ZqeaJhn22WNVPmFb-3KQTvUfcARnt_vvgkvXPWMl6wY3Z7Om7BYhi6yt18rwk1xINET1uMFTqdWv39ZPJbnrMfTZ1E0kL4H73pDGIHsai56yErw2174VnghFbYCCfpObbQQvfD7h510AKBhlKCLcdISBATeHhjBpi6tAgA2XaWgzrBZP2BbSJN0ApD_mATJi6FXteNc0lVDys-_hGf92PoTipRoYCD-qKN-hq-I0L033zirHSx9Y2OHIYnZFqHaAmPpic1Qizm3EUSxvCZQQFK5JI8OftQldPPzcaOiJ0Wxs1ya9HMZn9zKQQTAzSBbcXpVhFlaSwpNbjeIjb_p03ErusRp4IC9VoQeerjJgkks0_Wr2mkDEXeWDWLaO7zlosVuCPRyYHrfG9ahC7tTDsZ3C9UT5YgppYMOw0f3UNs6c=w1307-h980-no

ntphwE2PXXlDLQ_2BbKMPI7jCZoHTZF78KyL3Bvvmepm_x3hy9_8yQIWxHK7Oh2Y_EsXmcJ_c-8-Kdine2Rud0YPULq4Lt-esTVvZY2Z4oSG7TW34ux_SP3trPdQhTNgd4-jNTDJgQ3eOwexUYvcK2IgXkCzpmtMUO98Esrd5QyvVsyVWiBcQgP2O4zy7xMN7NkIo6H-2Pj1mGaP2ueJdJiypeaUTDEG_nywZXdhbkwcUUVcnDpbCEBeKKosoip6TDDi4ArkpnkVCW3diBXeOBWrW-WaPcgORqGd0EEdSTCwgxUGdAmayW0kxlLjfhzcId0BgKOpzpPfgE6IrTfObJ2zJRtgpjH_92t1nBimy8JzqJwe6JdWyGeaty1JeLOpbpxhBRKolduM38XuZGSXt_mEYjy1xYmEJSgN7gi4pfBOsE3001ZCTMoYplUDKTPW30Uhe4AkfDbQ50sbs6N1FcWW2LtwbHG4NNWl9kft-qyXdloeBOchl2VpOqmLhhMnvIyONg9NBcMXt6FUrg89-aY1udjwpCenDE2k83O5gUirnc4ksV51HZ6ogGIfP96XFx0xPETS3N3IglowALAzqm4E4Pry68A9WclhOl6kb6i7KxwkvPtLE03rVd2prYk=w1307-h980-no

Same timer (Smith's mechanical) that I use; and the Nova processor is wonderful in use as I could leave the chemicals in it between sessions, although that required the use of the floating lids that aren't apparent in the photo.

Same timer (Smith's mechanical) that I use; and the Nova processor is wonderful in use as I could leave the chemicals in it between sessions, although that required the use of the floating lids that aren't apparent in the photo.
Unfortunately it does not have the lids, looking at photos online they do look like plastic tube so maybe I can find something that fits

They are. I'd offer to measure my Nova but as it's a four slot to take prints to 12"x16" it might be a different size - although I doubt it. Let me know if you'd like me to apply a tape measure.

They are. I'd offer to measure my Nova but as it's a four slot to take prints to 12"x16" it might be a different size - although I doubt it. Let me know if you'd like me to apply a tape measure.

If you could that would be great

Been thinking about a Fuji X-T1. With the 3 out I thought used prices of the 1 might soon be heading into my ball park. Turns out not just yet, but hopefully won't be long.

That's a digital camera, is it not? This is the film section. :thinking:

If you could that would be great

I don't have any super convenient calipers, but using a tape measure the lids are hollow plastic tubes with an outside diameter of 2 cm; the length leaves just a small space at the end, enough to (with difficulty) hook it out with a fingernail. Say a couple of millimeters.

I don't have any super convenient calipers, but using a tape measure the lids are hollow plastic tubes with an outside diameter of 2 cm; the length leaves just a small space at the end, enough to (with difficulty) hook it out with a fingernail. Say a couple of millimeters.

I've bought this digital caliper from Amazon..plastic but for £1.99 with free del it's worth checking out: -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-El...566&sr=8-10&keywords=digital+calipers+vernier

I've bought this digital caliper from Amazon..plastic but for £1.99 with free del it's worth checking out: -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-El...566&sr=8-10&keywords=digital+calipers+vernier

I live in the wrong place...

150mm/6inch LCD Digital Electronic Carbon Fiber Vernier Caliper Gauge Micrometer

by ROHSCE

Usually dispatched within 4 to 5 days.

No sellers are currently delivering this item to your selected dispatch location in the UK - Mainland. Learn more

Dispatched from and sold by United-KingMall.

I live in the wrong place...

150mm/6inch LCD Digital Electronic Carbon Fiber Vernier Caliper Gauge Micrometer

by ROHSCE

Usually dispatched within 4 to 5 days.

No sellers are currently delivering this item to your selected dispatch location in the UK - Mainland. Learn more

Dispatched from and sold by United-KingMall.

are you in the Scottish highlands as my order seems to be going through..but 4 to 5 days is a joke as del time is 10th-19th Oct

Not yet - that comes next week. At the moment I'm at home on the very, very remote from any form of civilisation Sussex coast. I find that a lot (and I mean a lot) of Amazon sellers won't ship here.

very, very remote from any form of civilisation Sussex coast. I find that a lot (and I mean a lot) of Amazon sellers won't ship here.

That's cos you're practically in France and it's too far for the postie to walk to with your mail!:D

Not yet - that comes next week. At the moment I'm at home on the very, very remote from any form of civilisation Sussex coast. I find that a lot (and I mean a lot) of Amazon sellers won't ship here.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back