So what was your first slr or dslr?

Started with a Canon 300X 35mm SLR
Jumped to digital with a 1000D, followed by a 50D and now have the 5D MkII

A refurbished Canon EOS 400D bought about 4 and a bit years ago, gave it to my dad when i upgraded and it's still going strong :)

First film SLR was a Mamiya 500TL, bought for £17 from ebay, sold it to a friend where it went on a tour of Israel and only just made it back (y)

First SLR - Bronica EC

First DSLR - D70

Despite being an abject film head, I miss the D70...:thinking:

I got new a Chinon CE Memotron (M42 mount) in 1976, then when i worn it out got a Chinon CE-4 and Winder(PK mount).
Then got given a Pentax LX, i got a winder for it and some Ser 1 lens and a few Pentax ones.I them got one more LX and a KX, i still have the Pentax,s all now need servicing.
Then a gap and change of Make for DSLR to Nikon 1st a D90 last year (still have) and this year a D300s all Nikon and Sigma lens.
Paul

Mine was a Nikon D80 my wife got me for my birthday a few years back. Great camera for learning. Only recently upgraded to a D7000

Praktica LTL 3 & Tessar 50 f2.8 for me in the late seventies. I then moved on to an Olympus OM1n.

First slr was a Pentax S1. First DsLR was a Nikon D70.

i never had an oldscool SLR, i suppose the closest thing i had to one was an Olympus IS100 or 1000, can't really remember. hideous grey plastic thing :puke:
think 35mm superzoom as it had a built in electronically zooming lens :shake:

first DSLR was a D200 (y)

Since I only started in 2006, it was a Canon EOS3000V film camera. Still have it and the build quality now feels like a childs toy.

Moved from that to a 30D about 4 years ago? And then got a 7D earlier this year. Every one was a massive leap ahead!

First SLR = Minolta Dynax 3xi. Pretty nifty for 1993. All too easy to leave on fully auto when I should have been learning the basics

First SLR was a T90 (still got it). Then went to P&S for a while and then bought myself a 5D 6 years ago.

Will be changing that out for a 5DmkIII in a month or so.

My first SLR was a Praktica. It came with a flash, 55mm lens, wide angle lens and a 200mm telephoto lens. With its own carry case All for just over a £100. Believe it ior not, it was a great camera. I still have it as I didn't want to throw it away.

Canon 1000D and I'm still using it! It's fine at the moment, I'm a long way from needing an upgrade.

A praktica, think it was called a BX20... Could be wrong. Folks bought it used from jessops when I started my wildlife illustration degree. Great camera, lovely ziess optics.

Moved on to an EOS 650 - tough and reliable - then a 50e.

Late 60s, Exa Exacta, when you exposed the film you had to wind on to bring the mirror back down.Then went for the Olympus system.

DSLR donkeys years later D80, now D300 and D70s .
All my years in film where OK,but didn,t really start to get better images till I turned digital.(y)

I started with a Nikon D40 then switched to a Canon 500D which I loved before upgrading to my current 60D which I'm very happy with. Dreaming of a 5D though which will be my next upgrade if I can ever afford it.

350D, six or seven years ago

same for a 30th bday present to myself, upgrade from a LUMIX FZ20
just AFTER I went to see friends in the US...BAH! :bang:
600 quid as I recall or thereabouts, web price at work, with 10% off (Staff discount) plus cashback , was chuffed!

In the late 60's an Exa 1a with waist level viewfinder as i could not afford the pentaprism. Bought if i recall in Wallace Heaton, Earls Court branch.

I only started last year and it's a Nikon D3100 which I still have as my main camera but it will soon be replaced by a D7000.

DSLR - Nikon D60 (I'm onto Canon 60D now)

First SLR - Canon A1 that my Dad gave me 2 years ago, which he purchased early 80s, before I was even born!

First dslr was a canon 300D. Still working fine, gave it and the 18-55 kit lens away to a friend as their first dslr.

Had an Olympus OM10 when I was an early teen and have just gotten myself a D90 (y)

Nikon F301 :)

Back