so when you are currently a bit short of money....

Edit My Images
No
...finding out you are a victim of fraud is not bloody good..

Wife just onto bank now getting card stopped, 2 payments so far £17 and £19, Amazon have confirmed our card has been used on an unrelated account and they have blocked everything and will get back to us later(their fraud dept not open til 10)..

and its MOT day today, fear the blooming worse. :(

Having been through this twice now I keep an emergency cash stash in the house, it always seems to happen right when you need to spend money :(

Bad luck but it seems like it was caught quickly and there should not be any problem getting the money back.

Dave

UPDATE: well bank have said monies will be back into account by 6pm today, aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd MOT pass few minor advisories :)

lotto ticket tonight, that is how lucky I feel right now, seriously been having some down times hence why I have been away from the forum for 5-6 weeks..

now I just need stable employment and woohooo.. [waits for something more to go wrong]

hahaha good stuff.

had my bank card scammed last year, went to Greece and used it a few times for motorbike hire.
pretty much expected it to be honest...

If you get lucky on the lottery the beers are on you, good luck.

hahaha good stuff.

had my bank card scammed last year, went to Greece and used it a few times for motorbike hire.
pretty much expected it to be honest...

So if you "expected it" pay up in cash and leave a cash deposit, get a recipt.

So if you "expected it" pay up in cash and leave a cash deposit, get a recipt.

you can't leave deposits for bikes in cash its card only in a lot of places.
its there way of verifying your identity as well.

You can if the place trust you.

their

receipt...

Had this years ago with H****** with an online payment - They sorted it by next day!!

Had it recently with S******** & it took about 6-7 phone calls over the space of 5 weeks to sort it out!! That was cloned at an Asda [unmanned] petrol station.

Had this years ago with H****** with an online payment - They sorted it by next day!!

Had it recently with S******** & it took about 6-7 phone calls over the space of 5 weeks to sort it out!! That was cloned at an Asda [unmanned] petrol station.
didnt realise card cloning still happens this day and age! :eek:

you know how they always remind us to look out for suspicious devices on an ATM etc... what are we looking for? every ATM looks a bit different anyway so how do we spot "fraudulent devices"? :confused:

I went out on a Thursday years ago to celebrate winning the league title at football. Went home and woke up the next day feeling rough. Didn't go out at all on the friday then when i went to find my wallet on the Saturday i realised i didn't have it on me. Being in my late teens and my parents being away on holiday i waited till first thing Monday morning to report it thinking the banks were closed. By the time i reported it some £2500 had been used from my account. This was when you signed for things in shops. I was spoken to by the police and went to the bank and they said i'd to pay half of the money myself as i didn't report it quickly enough. When i asked why they could spend it when it wasn't there in the first place they told me it was something to do with when the payments went through. Turns out that whoever did it was buying booze from supermarkets and taking the maximum £50 cashback every time. Bandits.

thought they had all moved onto online scams and not physically cloning cards any more? :wideyed:

Heavens no. Not even remotely. The little devices they fit onto ATMs are sneaky....and contactless, (although for small amounts only so far), cloning is on the up.

Got to admit the only time so far I have had a problem, Santander actually phoned me to ask if I had just spent a large amount of money in a place miles away !!
Seems about the same time as I made a payment in a local shop, someone else trued to buy something and alarm bells rang, luckily they stopped that payment
and the card, which was a pain, but what I thought was good is that they made arrangements for me to draw cash at a local branch without the cardas long as I took
along proof of ID whilst they reissued the card

Back