So where do you buy your gear?

WEX for me.
Bought a 2 items from Cambrian Photography once. No problems.
Bought an item from MPB once, Problem with them sending the incorrect item, (annoyed me considering I haven't ordered from them before), it was eventually sorted out.

Used to have 2 local camera shops, but they both closed down:mad:

Who ever I can get what I want from. All the local shops are 45-60 minutes away, have small showrooms and diferent ranges.

Wex in Aldgate are the best for playing with cameras and thier bag/tripod ranges.
Park cameras, camera world, LCE. Mail order I have used HArrisons, Wilkinsons, Bristol Cameras, MBP. Amazon. Used Forum on here. HAve even bought direct from manufacturers

Secondhand stuff, mainly here, ebay or Wex, for new bodies and lenses we visit Harrisons in Sheffield as we normally buy 2 of each and can normally get a bit of discount if spending a bit

Always from Panamoz or E infin, I have no loyalty to UK stores when the likes of Panamoz are cheaper and offer better and longer warranty.

Reactions: TG.
Second-hand stuff bought and sold via Gumtree, plus I've bought a couple of lenses from MPB. I've also sold a couple of lenses to CameraWorld.

CameraWorld in London is the only proper shop I know, where I'd take a broken item to for serious help & advise.

I've bought new gear from CW, Jessops, JL, Grays of Westminster.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Ricoh GR3x, and I'll go to CW for that because they let me play with a GR3 and a GR3x recently, and I appreciate that.

New stuff comes from LCE in Lincoln or from Wex. Buying in a bricks and mortar shop is my preference both to help maintain their presence in the town and also so I can actually touch what I am buying. If that fails me, buying from Wex over the Interweb has always been a positive experience.

Second hand stuff comes from whoever has what I want at a price I want to pay.

I get my kit from wherever I see what I want at a price I'm prepared to pay...

Cameras.jpg

Well I'm south Wales based so I tend to use the camera centre Swansea, John there knows his stuff and his prices are fair, I like to keep my money local if I can.
My other favorite is Carmarthin Cameras, again decent prices and very helpfull.

This thread could probably do with a poll being attached. Could be easier to see th3 results.
But I'd have to vote for all the options! :wideyed:

Due to not being mobile at all, all my shopping is done online using either camera shops websites or eBay for secondhand gear and occasionally Amazon for odds & ends (most recently a hotshoe meter for my M2). I won't however use sites that promote/sell grey imports. Its a personal choice and though funds are very tight I'd rather pay a few quid more to keep our camera shops going.

But I'd have to vote for all the options! :wideyed:
I’d probably be the same unless as I’ve used several for used gear when they have a particular item I wanted but generally with new kit I generally keep to one or two stores unless one store has the same item at a lower price (like Cameraworld did when I purchased the canon R6 during the double cashback).

I guess it depends on the wording of the question, if it was something like ‘who’s your main go to camera store who you’d always recommend?’ that would only need one answer. Even if it was a multiple answer question the OP would be able the see which are the main stores people trust by the distribution of the answers.

Back