Softbox for SB-600?

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I just bit the bullet and bought a second SB-600. I have a brolly and stand to go with one of the SB-600s and now I want to buy a softbox or some other form of light modifier for the second.

Has anyone any recommendation that I could use that is easy to attach to the SB-600 and not too costly?

Thanks

Martin

I don't know any cheap ones, I bought a 60cm softbox from ebay for about £30 and am making an adaptor which should be finished over the weekend (I will put some pics up once it's done). I also have the Westcott Apollo 50" and am waiting for my 28" to arrive, they are great but quite expensive. You can also try the Ezybox as well which is specific for speedlights.

I have a Lastolite Apollo which does make a soft box. But it's all Velcro and double sided tape, Yes it does work but I'm not to impressed. The alternative is to use something like the Chimera system . Problem is it's not cheap. It consists of an adapter which is designed to hold the Softbox and Flash head onto a lighting stand. . As I said not cheap but does allow you to use other lighting accessories.

Nip over to the Flash Centers web site, you'll get some info from there

Blazzar, you mind me asking where you bought your Westcott from and how much you paid?

Cheers

Simon

Simon, I got it from BH Photo Video. It was $230 for the 50" but I ordered it with a few other bits (Apollo 28", Avenger stand, Manfrotto lite tight, couple of lumiquest bits) so my total order came to £320 including shipping then UPS stiched me up for another £70. You can get the 28" from creative video for about £150 but they had a 6 week lead time when I asked (a few weeks ago).

Ok, just done some maths on what I bought and my costs were roughly:
- 50" - £160
- 28" - £87

Speedgraphic Photomart :nono: do a softbox for flashguns for around £30. Lastolite do a (I would assume) better one, but it is three times the price :bonk:

Thanks for the input guys.

Which model is it at SpeedGraphic?

Tell a lie,on checking I discovered it was Photomart that I bought the softbox from. However I replaced the hotshoe on it with one from Speedgraphic as the one that came with it was rubbish.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll check out some of your suggestions but I may even try a DIY project.

I was thinking that, perhaps, I could buy one of those food tent things for keeping bugs from your pies and doing a mod to it:

food-tent.jpg

Superb! A very simple but nonetheless effective solution! I like it and may well copy if I may?

Yeah, no problem. The softbox I got was this one - £23.99 delivered. It also works with the 80cm x 120cm as well.

£23.99 delivered. It also works with the 80cm x 120cm as well.

I was just looking at the self same one. I bought a wireless shutter release from this company a few months ago and it arrived quickly.

Will press buy shortly...

Back