Software for photo sorting.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anybody know of a software package, for sorting your photos stored on your computer, or is there any way to do this in Windows.

I am not too good with computers, so its got to be simple.:)

Dave.

I would third that one... tried Photoshop, PS Elements etc in the past but once I installed Lightroom the rest were ditched.

I may be misreading the OP's [Dave] post, but it looks to me like he's wanting a prog to sort his photos. Lightroom for sorting? And a beginner. Honestly? As good as it is for processing, for sorting [management of photos] it's absolutely crap. As well as costing well in to 3 figures, how many times have we seen on this forum questions about how do I do this or do that with Lightroom in terms of managing folders, drives and pictures?

So Dave, if it's sorting that you really want then look at FastStone. It's free, and has a Windows Explorer style tree structure to move stuff around, create folders etc with ease. It also has some tools thrown in to do some basic things like rotate your picture the right way up and simple processing to start you off. If you want something that costs a moderate amount of money then look at ACDSee, which has a few more tools and is one of the best photo management [ie sorting] progs out there.

Then....one day......look at Lightroom.

Ill 2nd Mr E, lightroom would be the worst!

I personally use Adobe Bridge, i find it very useful and it has features like marking photos which helps when you come from a shoot with a lot of photos!

I may be misreading the OP's [Dave] post, but it looks to me like he's wanting a prog to sort his photos. Lightroom for sorting? And a beginner. Honestly? As good as it is for processing, for sorting [management of photos] it's absolutely crap. As well as costing well in to 3 figures, how many times have we seen on this forum questions about how do I do this or do that with Lightroom in terms of managing folders, drives and pictures?

:thinking:

Lightroom does a great job of sorting my photos, although it can take a bit of getting used to.

Lightroom for sorting? And a beginner. Honestly? As good as it is for processing, for sorting [management of photos] it's absolutely crap. As well as costing well in to 3 figures, how many times have we seen on this forum questions about how do I do this or do that with Lightroom in terms of managing folders, drives and pictures?

Really? I have over 20000 photos and could find the ones i need near on instantly.....

granted it takes a bit to crack but after that its all good.

Even using the simpliest software like picasa you still have to learn things...

Really? I have over 20000 photos and could find the ones i need near on instantly.....

granted it takes a bit to crack but after that its all good.

Even using the simpliest software like picasa you still have to learn things...

Thats what I use for mine to sort pictures up to 300, then I burn them off (or try too)

So Dave, if it's sorting that you really want then look at FastStone. It's free, and has a Windows Explorer style tree structure to move stuff around, create folders etc with ease. It also has some tools thrown in to do some basic things like rotate your picture the right way up and simple processing to start you off. If you want something that costs a moderate amount of money then look at ACDSee, which has a few more tools and is one of the best photo management [ie sorting] progs out there.

Then....one day......look at Lightroom.

Thanks guys, MisterE This is the kind of thing I want, I will try FastStone first, as its free, and see how I get on.

Dave

Back