Sold My First Print

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Long story short; an old school buddy spotted one of my shots on Facebook, messaged me telling me he wanted a canvas of it. A few messages later and he's bought an A1 canvas print from me, and is in the process of looking through my Flickr stream, as he wants a second one doing. (y)

That is all. :D

Long story short; an old school buddy spotted one of my shots on Facebook, messaged me telling me he wanted a canvas of it. A few messages later and he's bought an A1 canvas print from me, and is in the process of looking through my Flickr stream, as he wants a second one doing. (y)

That is all. :D

Wrong. It is not all. It is the beginning of a great new road :cool: Well done you (y)

Ta. :D

The power of Facebook. I've had a few people expressing an interest in buying stuff, so I've set up a Photobox gallery now, and started advertising it on my profile. Might as well. It costs nothing, so I've got nothing to lose. (y)

pics or it didn't happen.

end of.

:D OK, but it comes with a disclaimer. I don't rate it that highly personally, and it is very heavily-processed HDR. But it is what the customer wanted. So, with all that in mind:

5004737102_4a2bff597a_z.jpg

Actually, it does look pretty effective on a bloody great canvas. :) The sky in the corner is my main gripe with it though. :thumbsdown:

That sky's fine ... nice picture.
Transporter bridge right?
...there are some right scummy areas down that part!

Thanks very much all. :)

It is the Transporter, and it is in a rough area, but it's currently undergoing a regeneration. Some pretty nice architecture is springing up now. (y)

The reason he wanted the print was to remind him of home, apparently. He's living in London these days.

:D OK, but it comes with a disclaimer. I don't rate it that highly personally, and it is very heavily-processed HDR. But it is what the customer wanted. So, with all that in mind:

5004737102_4a2bff597a_z.jpg

Actually, it does look pretty effective on a bloody great canvas. :) The sky in the corner is my main gripe with it though. :thumbsdown:

Would deo look great on a canvass. Well done.

I remember you putting this pic up here a while back, actually.

Well remembered! I don't remember posting it. :D

It's part of a series I started doing a few months back. I've been visiting all the historical Teesside landmarks, and also some of the less well-known bits of history, like derelict ironstone mines and whatnot. I started doing the shots in heavy HDR, and it's just continued that way. :)

Well done Gritty :)

Tempted by some of your work too, need to spice up the house, it's all car pictures here! :)

Well remembered! I don't remember posting it. :D

I recall it because I tried doing some selective colouring on the pic when you put it up but gave up as it was proving too hard to colour the blue crane.

Could thing you went the HDR route. :D

Back