[SOLVED] Ham or cheese?

And pickle, specifically Branston!!! :p:p:p:p

(20 years ago, the travel rep we had only missed Branston. He could find everything else [or a suitable substitute] just no decent pickle!)

Reactions: Nod
Heathen. :)
Even better with a little onion aboard.
A man needs at least one bad habit (he can indulge in in public!), mine's (apparently!) cheese AND ham sarnies, either cold or toasted, with or without pickle, sometimes with mayo as a condiment. At least I don't smoke these days!!! :p:p:p
The cheese and Ham fight for supremacy in the sarnie and neither wins, its a lose lose combination.
Mustard on ham Branston on cheese.
Unless its boiled bacon and then its mustard pickle (y)

What ever happened to pork luncheon meat,Is it still available ?
Indeed it is, goes well with tomato, or Branston, or fried into fritters :)

Well, as Elton said, or actually bernie, "I'd rather have ham in my sandwich than cheese, but complaining won't do any good." I guess that was in the days when ham was ham and not this preprocessed wafer thin crap you get in the supermarket today.

Actually I was at the station buying a bread roll for the journey. And I remembered a song, where they said "Ham or cheese?" at the end of it. But I'm not sure which band. Could it have been a song by The Who?

Mystery solved.

It was Emerson Lake and Palmer's, rock and rollin', "Are you ready Eddie?" Right at the end (2:00) they ask the question. A question that has haunted most of us, born in the 20th century, as we know it today.

Last edited:
If you want them mixed up, grate the cheese, shred the ham, mix with just enough mayo to hold the mixture together then spread it on toast and grill. Sort of works as a toastie or sarnie but not as well as it does as a toast topper!

Genius!! off to try it out, cancels take away......

Back