[SOLVED] Ham or cheese?

In a sarnie or on stage? If in a sarnie, I rather like both, maybe with a bit of pickle as well.

Cheese is the food of the devil. I'm allergic to the stuff, it burns my mouth and makes me vomit. Disgusting stuff!!!

Sorry, err, where was I? Oh yes, ham please!

Another vote for both. Add some pickle.

Ham if it's on it's own. Cheese with an accompaniment. Pickle, olives, bread, mustard, tomatoes, beetroot.
I'm off to the fridge, got some nice barrel aged feta, and some lovely crunchy cheddar.

Both nice, cheese and cucumber is very tasty as is ham and tomato, not a fan of them together though.

A lot of the ham you get these days is rather tasteless, often get Ox tongue instead (also great with tomato)

Yep another vote for cheese.... Toasted cheese sandwich....

Both but never in the same sarnie.
Terrible terrible habit :(

Both but never in the same sarnie.
Terrible terrible habit :(

A man needs at least one bad habit (he can indulge in in public!), mine's (apparently!) cheese AND ham sarnies, either cold or toasted, with or without pickle, sometimes with mayo as a condiment. At least I don't smoke these days!!! :p:p:p

Why is it there's never a poll on the important questions?

Can we have a referendum??

It's a simple question. Ham or cheese?
Depends who you are making it for. If me and the missus are coming to visit you, she loves ham while I hate it, but love cheese. Just make sure you do not get em mixed up. ;)

If you want them mixed up, grate the cheese, shred the ham, mix with just enough mayo to hold the mixture together then spread it on toast and grill. Sort of works as a toastie or sarnie but not as well as it does as a toast topper!

Reactions: BBR
If you want them mixed up, grate the cheese, shred the ham, mix with just enough mayo to hold the mixture together then spread it on toast and grill. Sort of works as a toastie or sarnie but not as well as it does as a toast topper!
Nice little tip, from an obvious Gastronome. ;)

Nice little tip, from an obvious Gastronome. ;)

If a gastronome is the same as a greedy, fat bathtub, guilty as charged! :D At least as much gourmand as gourmet! ;)

Had a curry yesterday, and have some left over for today. Only enough for one person, so missus gets it. All this talk of a cheese toastie etc. Now thinking to have cheese on toast for an evening meal, with a splash of Worcester sauce I think. :)

If a gastronome is the same as a greedy, fat bathtub, guilty as charged! :D At least as much gourmand as gourmet! ;)

Nah, not at all. It is a compliment in fact. ;)

Definition.

Gastronome | Definition of Gastronome by Merriam-Webster
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gastronome
epicure, gourmet, gourmand, gastronome mean one who takes pleasure in eating and drinking. epicure implies fastidiousness and voluptuousness of taste. gourmet implies being a connoisseur in food and drink and the discriminating enjoyment of them.

Some may say, greedy fat git. ;)

So Gastronome covers both gourmand and gourmet? I'll take that! Greedy, fat git also applies. :D

Cheese, unless it is cheddar as then it will have to be ham, unless its not wafer thin, as I then rather have neither.

But a nice Edam cheese together with wafer thin lean ham, with real unsalted butter in really dark granary break is rather nice. Especially with a little coarse Dijon mustard.

Heathen. :)
Even better with a little onion aboard.

i'm using leeks a lot now - raw in salads - saute for meat dishes .... milder than onion

whenever i type that i recall being in Tokyo and the hotel waiter insisted it was

ON - EE - ON soup, as that's how he learnt English..............:)

and not UN - YUN

i'm using leeks a lot now - raw in salads - saute for meat dishes .... milder than onion

whenever i type that i recall being in Tokyo and the hotel waiter insisted it was

ON - EE - ON soup, as that's how he learnt English..............:)

and not UN - YUN

I like leeks too, but for me, cheese needs a nice sharp onion. :)

As much as a like exotic dishes from around the world sometimes all you want is ham egg and chips. It's in my top 5 fav dishes.

As much as a like exotic dishes from around the world sometimes all you want is ham egg and chips. It's in my top 5 fav dishes.

Corned beef being an acceptable alternative to ham if ham is lacking. :)

Corned beef being an acceptable alternative to ham if ham is lacking. :)
Yes a very acceptable alternative although steaks cheaper these days, what's with the prices!? And I'm the only one that will eats it in my house.

Yes a very acceptable alternative although steaks cheaper these days, what's with the prices!? And I'm the only one that will eats it in my house.

I know what you mean.
When I was a kid, corned beef was what was used in lean times!

this... which is why Greece(Cyclades to be exact) is one of my fave holiday destinations.. the food

fcbcc2d121c40a5fcf856b0f2bae983f.jpg

Don't particularly like either on their own in a sandwich however both go perfectly together in a cheese and ham toasted sandwich as far as I'm concerned...

To really throw the cat amongst the pigeons though in a recent stay in hospital I had my eyes opened to the idea of chicken mayo, as a sandwich filling, it's rather nice, especially if a little salad is added into the mix (y)

I could live without ham but I'd be knackered without cheese. So many sorts. So little time :)

Thank you everyone for your answers to my question. Ham or cheese. I shall go away and try out your answers.

Apologies to any vegans here on the limited choice in the question. But, hey! What do you expect? Sort yourself out.

Actually I was at the station buying a bread roll for the journey. And I remembered a song, where they said "Ham or cheese?" at the end of it. But I'm not sure which band. Could it have been a song by The Who?

No points to anyone who mentioned pickle! I scraped the last drops out of my huge Branston jar some weeks back and won't get any more until Christmas, when I'm back in Brexit land.

Apologies to any vegans here on the limited choice in the question. But, hey! What do you expect? Sort yourself out.

I'm not a vegan and I still wouldn't eat that s***e. (y)

I'm not a vegan and I still wouldn't eat that s***e. (y)

Stick it in a blender with a bunch of skimmed milk and protein powder and you'll be golden.

Back