Tamron 70-300mm LD DI
Jessops 62mm UV and Skylight A1
Jessops 55mm Skylight A1
Cokin Polarizer 160 / Cokin 197
Cokin Adaptor Ring 55mm and 67mm

I would like advice on:

Tamron 18-200mm
Sony HVL-F42AM Flashgun

I am looking at the Tamron 18-200mm as I would like an all rounder lens which I can stick on the camera for general out and about, with family etc and not have to worry about changing lens when I want to be able to zoom.

I am also looking at the Sony HVL-F42AM Flashgun does anyone use one and what do you think?

I have been looking at the jessops flashes because they are cheaper but they do not have the wireless function and the sony would be better quality?

Anyone have any thoughts? :D

Cheers!

I had the Tamron 18-200mm on my A200 once upon a time and wasn't up to much at all, I used it twice then sold it on....

The 18-250mm is rated a lot better (never used one myself) but it does cost quite a bit more!

Sadly, what you gain in convenience, you lose in quality, rarely do lenses with such a a big zoom range (10x and over I mean) work very well, unless you spend quite a lot of money on them! :shake:

Sadly, what you gain in convenience, you lose in quality, rarely do lenses with such a a big zoom range (10x and over I mean) work very well, unless you spend quite a lot of money on them! :shake:

That's just the laws of physics though...

Back