Some advice please

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
I hope I've posted this in the right place. I've been given a Minolta X-700, together with several lenses, by my uncle, only problem is I've not used a film SLR before. So can someone tell me, is the camera any good?, I have checked it over and it is in good condition, also what kind of film should I get?, where from?, and where can I get it processed? As I said, I've not used a film SLR before, only digital, however, I am keen to give it a go. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Better start reading the manual now.

Don't know the Minolta, but a couple of things to check before you buy film.

A) With fresh batteries (is the battery compartment clean?) does the meter appear to work OK ?
B) Are the foam seals on the door OK, are they sticky ? if so they will need replacing.

Accepting the above get yourself a cheap colour film and drop it into Tescos, they can also scan to CD if required.

Have fun.

The X-700 is a very good camera and as above try Fuji superia 200 asa and see if you have a good Tesco in your area for dev and scan to cd for £1.98. A great place for picking up cheap film for testing cameras/lenses etc are boot sales, and I've picked up plenty of Kodak and Fuji colour film for 10p a roll over the years.

The x-700 is an awesome camera... you will love it! Here's mine :D

IMG_2505.jpg

Though now it has a Motor Drive One rather than the AW shown here...

Back