Some more from Suffolk...

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Sculpture on Aldburgh beach in tribute to the music of Benjamin Britten, it's incredibly striking, in the shape of scallop shells.....

8015AldburghStatue.jpg

Strangely, in spite of it being a blazing hot day, the metal of the sculpture was actually cool to the touch.

8024AldburghStatue.jpg

And now - the reason why the two pics above are from slightly odd angles and don't show the whole thing....

8031Blot.jpg

What remarkably considerate visitors these two are! :wacky:

Thanks for looking - all comments welcome!

You mean its not a parasol??

nice conclusion to the set there :)

Oh I I like those, nice angles, and a nice piece of tin :)
Bet you wished you'd had a peashooter or suchlike in your pocket for the last one but, then again, if you had you wouldnt have given us all such a giggle!

There were LOTS of people complaining loudly about the people using it as a windbreak - one woman actually told them that they were defeating the whole point of it, to which the old chap responded "point of what?!" which rather summed up their attitude! To be honest I don't think a peashooter would have shifted them.....an AK47 maybe....where's Arkady when you need him?! :p

i prefer the last one to be honest, tells a story does that

Lovely set Witch ... there will always be someone all too willing to spoil a good thing for others !

Your sarcasm sums it up nicely !

Witch said:
"point of what?!"
I'm with the old lad to be honest, what did they expect something like that on a beach to be used for ;) It is a bit inconsiderate but if you put up something like that you've got to expect people to use it for shelter, it's perfect.

Really like the perspective on the first shot, the scale confused me a bit to start off with :)

The last one as said tells a story - like the dog - really sets if off!

daveyuk said:
Two and three for me, nice shots Witch. I don't wish to be rude but where abouts is that shell thing please?

On the beach at Aldburgh, Suffolk. Once there you sort of can't miss it!

Thanks to all for the comments - the little Dog was a star - sat right where I wanted him and I have him in several other shots of it too. Am now hoping to go back sometime when there might NOT be people using it as a giant sunshade!

The guy is sunbathing with trousers and shoes on for Christ's sake. :bonk:

You then expect him to have a BRAIN?! :wacky:

Shoulda thrown a bucket o sea water over the pair of 'em.

Well I have to say thgis is a bit of a gripe of mine. Go to the seaside and sit on the beach - fair enough. Go to the seaside and sit on the beach right in the way of something others will obviously want to look at - well, yes, again, fair enough, it is after all a public space. However......

.......go to the seaside and sit on the beach right in the way of something others will want to look at - with your BACK to both the sea and everything else of interest.......pah! :thinking:

He should have stayed at home if you ask me! :LOL:

Back