Something for the woodworkers

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
I like doing the odd wood work project. and thought I would have a go at adapting an old router for use in a router table.
The problem with using a standard plunge router in a router table, is the difficulty of adjusting the depth of cut of the bit, as you have to work upside down under the table to do so. Some of the best expensive tables and routers have "Lift" mechanisms to enable you to set fine height adjustments from above the table.
I found a way to adapt my old Bosh POF 50 router and my newer POF 500a plunge mechanisms. to allow them to be adjusted with an allan key through the top of the table.
This is the resulting adaption.

Shots taken with my Fuji XE2 at F22 for maximum depth of field ... using mixed light in the Kitchen which always gives a very natural look

router-height-adjuster-web by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Nice adaption, I got a trend router and a trend table so it was all set up for me.

Really like the idea. Some of the online tutorials I've seen show a wooden vice or grip that holds the router and that's what the thread is attached to.

One I have seen used a car scissor jack for the adjustments.

I needed a router depth gauge for setting the depth of cut. You set the gauge to depth of the object, that you want to match, then set the the router cutter to the same height.
No need to measure for an exact fit. Most designs, of these have the lock on the face of the gauge, I designed the lock to the side as it is easier to use, and gives more space to set in the brass protection strip and the clamping element.
I made the thumb screw lock from 6mm studding, fixed in to a partially re tapped 5mm thumb nut that I had, so that it locked solid in the thread.

Fun to make, but You can buy plastic ones for around £7. but mine will last far longer.

I am in the process of constructing the router table now........ I needed this gauge to set in the Table and T Slots.:)

TA3X5219Xweb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

TA3X5222XWEB by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Back