Something to lift your spirits

Most people on this forum, me included - do not click on external links :)

Just so you know

Les :)

I think Les partly summed it up - but there's slightly more than that... Had you been around for 4-5 years, got a few thousand posts participating in various other threads and been an active member of the forum, people might have been more open towards licking on your link.

I did actually check it out - due dilligence as a staff member - in an incognito window so you might not be able to backlink it from here and see if you've managed to drive traffic to your website... and it's all pretty innocuous, a list of things that photographers say... I'd even say it'd have been an amusing thing to have shared with us on here... But theres the rub... ON HERE. Why did you just link to your website - i'm gonna go with benefit of the doubt and say you didn't just want to cut and paste it for our benefit, rather than it being a cynical attempt to drive traffic to your website.

We're quite happy for you to put a link to your website in your signature for promotional purposes. We even turn a blind eye to people helping out with questions asked by saying "oh, strange you should mention that, I wrote something about that on my site a while ago - its a bit involved, so if you want here's a link."

We know how the internet works. We also have a fair grasp of when we're being used for SEO purposes, as do most of our savvier members - they'll be the ones that don't click on gratuitous links...

you know what, I just tried to do something nice and give people a laugh.
Not worried about driving traffic to the website, Im fairly new on here so yes appologies if it breached rules but I did read them when i joined and I didnt see anything saying I couldnt.
No I dont have lots of posts but the ones I have done were answering to people to give help.
Feel free to delete the link if you like, as I said just trying to make people laugh during tough times, certainly not here to upset anyone.
If i did a copy and paste then i cant protect my content and if its shared or changed in anyway it would reflect on me hence i posted as a link.
Sorry if i have caused any offence or ill feeling.

Last edited:
Back