Sony a6300 v a6500

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,
I’m looking at purchasing either the A6300 or A6500.
I’m mainly going to be using the camera for travelling, landscape photography and doing some small bits of video. Is the price difference really worth the differences between these two cameras? Any recommendations would be great!

If you don't need IBIS then the 6300 is a better value for money camera, I have the A6300 (looking to sell) and loved it but my lenses all had IS so there was no advantage to me getting the A6500, There are other differences but I can't recall what they are.

I’d go for the A6500, IBIS would be very helpful for video. Alternative if you want to save money and use OSS lenses.

The grip is also better on the A6500.

Last edited:
I went from the A6000 to A6300 and its a great camera. A lot of Sony lenses are OS so depends if you want to shoot vintage lenses etc. Also may be worth considering the new model is rumoured to be launched end of the month which could mean a reduction in A6300 and A6500 prices. So if you can wait a few weeks you may save some money.

The buffer is quite improved. 233/107 JPEG/RAW vs 44/21. Main reason would be IBIS though, see what lenses you’re thinking of and whether they have OSS or not.

When I've had your issue of trying to decide which camera I have used a great site to compare the cameras side by side in order to learn their comparative differences. The site is www.snapsort.com. Hope this will be of help to you. Good shooting.

Back