Sony RX Series United Thread (Any RX Camera)

Thanks - I was that impressed with the shot that I went back a few days later with my "big" camera and a tripod so I could get a "better" version of the shot. I totally failed and the results did not give me the same feelings as the image I had captured with the tiny RX100 :) I gave up and scrapped the files + stuck with my RX100 hand held pano.

The image I took on my second trip had more pixels and dynamic range + was shot at the base ISO, but it just lacked other things like the light on the first day and the number of people in the building etc. Having the tiny RX100 in my pocket paid dividends in the end.

Dave.
PS - here is the colour image as well:
_DSC0382-Pano by Dave Semmens, on Flickr
Cracking shot Dave! I prefer the colour version.

"Discarded (2)"

Just a simple Snapograph captured at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of part of an old winching system that was used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach. This is just one of the many old things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rot & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

RX10M4, 1/80th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Handheld.
Discarded (2)-03509ip by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:sony:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Currently have a Sony rx100 which I bought not long after it came out.2012/13 or thereabouts, still works fine. Looking at the newer models... And the price their maybe just a bit to expensive for me now. I could maybe stretch to a used rx100 mk3.

Would the mk3 be a great improvement over the original rx100?

I know there is touchscreen and a couple of other new improvements, but when it comes to the nitty gritty is the mk3 worth the upgrade from original?
It seems the newer rx's have very similar menu options.
My pics are not great by any means and I'm not pro' or even amateur.

Afraid I can't help you on that one Frank, as I use a M6.

I'm not too sure now but I think @garryknight uses possibly an M3, he certainly uses an older RX100 as well as a M7 and produces some really nice work from both of them. I shouldn’t think it'll be too long before he sees this and stops by with an answer.

Last edited:
Thanks, George, but I have an M2, currently sitting doing nothing. Will probably sell it on soon.

As for the touch screen being an improvement, mine is turned off after I spent far too long wondering why my settings had changed, seemingly randomly.

Last edited:
Currently have a Sony rx100 which I bought not long after it came out.2012/13 or thereabouts, still works fine. Looking at the newer models... And the price their maybe just a bit to expensive for me now. I could maybe stretch to a used rx100 mk3.

I know there is touchscreen and a couple of other new improvements, but when it comes to the nitty gritty is the mk3 worth the upgrade from original?
Maybe having a look at the DPReview review of the RX100III may give some answers on how it compares to the previous models.

As for touch screens, that came in with the RX100VI. Menu's have been pretty consistent over the different versions up until the RX100V, and changed from the RX100VA onwards.

I have the RX100 III, have hardly used it but when I do start to again I have no problems with it at all plus I'm just a happy snapper.

Last edited:
Back