Sony RX100

Sorry a few more from me....

DSC00670 by SEP9001, on Flickr

Liking this shot very much, well composed with some beautiful colours.

“Personally I think it would be even better if those leaves/branch tips at the top right were cloned out”

George.

Liking this shot very much, well composed with some beautiful colours.

“Personally I think it would be even better if those leaves/branch tips at the top right were cloned out”

George.
Thank you George, good point will edit when next on the pc.

Two very nice shots, particularly liking the first one.

George.
Thank you Sir, I do like the first one but wish I had a bit more zoom on the camera.

Thank you Sir, I do like the first one but wish I had a bit more zoom on the camera.

I’ve never owned or used the M3, however I do have the M6 which has got the longer range zoom but not as fast with regards to aperture. Optically its “Excellent” and I have absolutely no complaints with it whatsoever, a little bit pricy for a compact but in my opinion well worth it.

George.

I’ve never owned or used the M3, however I do have the M6 which has got the longer range zoom but not as fast with regards to aperture. Optically its “Excellent” and I have absolutely no complaints with it whatsoever, a little bit pricy for a compact but in my opinion well worth it.

George.
Agree no complaints about the camera, do love it and helps me get out and take photos. I was lucky to get it on the Amazon prime deal.

I've had the RX100 for years, started with the Mk1, then a Mk4 and now the Mk6, excellent cameras particularly the Mk6 with the 24-200 zoom, IQ is excellent.

Two very nice shots, liking both of these very much.

"I too have an RX100M6 and think it is a superb bit of kit"

George.

Just picked up a four-month old RX100 M6 on gumtree or £650 complete with Sony grip and three Sony batteries. Looking forward to getting out there and using it. Not had one since the M1. Impressed so far with the eye AF.

A few from Wickham Festival in August - I was impressed with the low light ability of my Mk VI (ISO noted below):

ISO1250
DSC00143.jpg

ISO5000
DSC00192.jpg

ISO2500
DSC00218.jpg

ISO6400
DSC00262.jpg

ISO6400 (and boosted a little in post)
DSC00304.jpg

Full gallery here

Just picked up a four-month old RX100 M6 on gumtree or £650 complete with Sony grip and three Sony batteries. Looking forward to getting out there and using it. Not had one since the M1. Impressed so far with the eye AF.

That’s a positive “Result” in my book, fabulous little unit, “ENJOY“.

George.

A few from Wickham Festival in August - I was impressed with the low light ability of my Mk VI (ISO noted below):

ISO1250
DSC00143.jpg

ISO5000
DSC00192.jpg

ISO2500
DSC00218.jpg

ISO6400
DSC00262.jpg

ISO6400 (and boosted a little in post)
DSC00304.jpg

Full gallery here

”Excellent” set of candid style shots, the quality of images that can be obtained from these little units always amazes me.

George.

Do any owners use the Dual Rec facility, where stills are taken during a video recording? If so I'd be grateful for any feedback on its ease of use, whether it's a faff to reach in the menu and quality of output.

I'm helping a relative find a great travel compact and RX100 M3 or M4 seem good candidates. She occasionally takes short video clips and thought Dual Rec might be ideal for her, as she likes to take several stills of the same view or group of people. She felt this might be a good path to having a variety of stills so she can choose the best looking / best expressions.

It can be awkward asking a group to stay for more when they can see you've taken one still! Even more asking the friend to keep clicking when you've handed them the camera.

I've never used it, I think you have to use 1080i rather than 1080p which is not normally the best mode for video.
You can get quite decent frame grabs from video especially if recording 4K - slow shutter speed in low light can be an issue.

Reactions: q11
Thanks for the reply. When you say you can get 'frame grabs' were you referring to the automated Dual Rec or is there a way of manually taking them while watching back your videos? (I do that on my Android mobile sometimes).

A few pics from my recent Canada road trip.

All shot with a second hand Sony RX100 Va that arrived the day before I left and what a wee beauty it is!!

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (1 of 2) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (1 of 2)-3 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (2 of 2)-3 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (2 of 2)-4 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (2 of 3) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (1 of 3) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (1 of 2)-4 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Canada road trip. Sony RX100 Va (2 of 2)-2 by nessiemac1, on Flickr
Amazing set, love the details and colours in 3.

Very nice set of images, and very interesting.

George.

Back