Sony RX100

Fans of Sunderland football club hit London to celebrate their win against Wycombe.

Sunderland Fans in Trafalgar Square by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Sunderland Comes to London by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Aren't you the lucky one Garry, you managed to avoid me once again at Trafalgar Sq.:):)

Yesterday I made my first visit to "Brick Lane" during the morning and must admit I wasn't that impressed, but in fairness I do know that Sundays are supposed to be the best day to go but that's just not possible for me at the moment.

After that I drifted about at "Trafalgar Sq" and just managed to catch the tail end of a march about covid jabs before it went on down Whitehall, sadly too late for any decent snaps. However I did manage some other reasonable stuff before I went on up to "Covent Garden". Unfortunately I had to get back to Kent for something in the evening so needed to leave town earlier than I would really have liked.

I see your snap was taken at about 19.10 going by the clock on the Elizabeth Tower in the distance, so you well managed to miss me as I was back in Kent by then. I did actually see a number of the Sunderland fans about earlier in the day and wondered if they'd be congregating some place in town after the game.

Last edited:
Yesterday I made my first visit to "Brick Lane" during the morning and must admit I wasn't that impressed, but in fairness I do know that Sundays are supposed to be the best day to go but that's just not possible for me at the moment.

Meant to reply to this earlier, but I've been busy. This is Brick Lane on a Sunday. Any other day of the week they should rename it Lonely Street.

Brick Lane On A Sunday by Garry Knight, on Flickr

View attachment 357414

Hull marina.

It was a lovey evening sitting having a pint and watching the soft light develop over the marina.

RX4

Very nice peaceful looking capture Sean, liking this one very much.

"Haven't noticed you on here recently, do hope your going to start posting etc again"

Very nice peaceful looking capture Sean, liking this one very much.

"Haven't noticed you on here recently, do hope your going to start posting etc again"
Thanks, George. My photography has fallen of a cliff because of my illustration work. Trying to ease my way into it again.

Lovely capture, George. Looks like a lovely sunny day. I have lots of happy memories of Camden lock from when I lived in London.

Lovely capture, George. Looks like a lovely sunny day. I have lots of happy memories of Camden lock from when I lived in London.

Thank you kindly Sean, appreciate your reply.

"It was my first ever visit to the area mainly for street photography around the markets and I just found The Lock area very nice & fascinating so I took a few snap"

Anyone else still got their RX100 MK1, mine just refuses to die, it gets a hard life as well, basically the camera I use when I don't want to risk my bigger camera.

I still fancy a MK5 as well, can't remember exactly why that version but I know it's something to do with focal range and aperture but also has an EVF.

Anyone else still got their RX100 MK1, mine just refuses to die, it gets a hard life as well, basically the camera I use when I don't want to risk my bigger camera.

I still fancy a MK5 as well, can't remember exactly why that version but I know it's something to do with focal range and aperture but also has an EVF.
Yes I still have the Mark 1. It is my go to camera if I am just popping out and don’t expect to need the M4/3 or DSLR. It more often than not does not get used but when I need it it never misses a beat. For a 1 inch sensor the IQ is amazing.

I have no hankering for a later version this suits my needs perfectly. It is probably the best value for money camera I have ever bought.

Bought RX100 last weekend.. Here's my first photo taken (apart from testing in living room). So far I think I'm impressed

Bridgewater Place, Leeds - Monochrome by NP UK, on Flickr

Very nice high contrast capture.

"These are fantastic little bits of kit, but where on earth did you manage to get an "RX100M7" from? I've been trying to locate a new one for quite some time now as I want to upgrade from my M6"

Very nice high contrast capture.

"These are fantastic little bits of kit, but where on earth did you manage to get an "RX100M7" from? I've been trying to locate a new one for quite some time now as I want to upgrade from my M6"
I got mine from Wex Photo and Video. If you go on the website it often says they are out of stock but there's an option to check stock in stores and some of those had stock. I got the last one in the Leeds store I believe but other stores had them too I think and I suspect you can order from a specific store but get it delivered to you. Alternatively, Jessops told me that they can get them if you order but might take a few days.

I got mine from Wex Photo and Video. If you go on the website it often says they are out of stock but there's an option to check stock in stores and some of those had stock. I got the last one in the Leeds store I believe but other stores had them too I think and I suspect you can order from a specific store but get it delivered to you. Alternatively, Jessops told me that they can get them if you order but might take a few days.

Many thanks for that, much appreciate.

Back