Sony RX100M3 SDXC Read/Write Speeds

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a Integral Ultima Pro (20mb/s) SDHC card in my Sony RX100M3. I find that quite often the read/write speeds are a little on the slow side as I can find that after taking a photo, if I try to delete it too quickly I get a messaging saying something like "Writing to memory card unable to update". I want to buy something much more responsive, but as the same time I don't want to buy a card that is much faster than my camera can read/write at as it's a waste of money. Can anyone clarify what would be the best card to get for this camera? Also is it worth buying a SDXC as opposed to a SDHC?

Thanks in advance.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I currently have a Integral Ultima Pro (20mb/s) SDHC card in my Sony RX100M3. I find that quite often the read/write speeds are a little on the slow side as I can find that after taking a photo, if I try to delete it too quickly I get a messaging saying something like "Writing to memory card unable to update". I want to buy something much more responsive, but as the same time I don't want to buy a card that is much faster than my camera can read/write at as it's a waste of money. Can anyone clarify what would be the best card to get for this camera? Also is it worth buying a SDXC as opposed to a SDHC?

Thanks in advance.
First result in Google seems to suggest little difference between any of the brands;

https://alikgriffin.com/best-sony-rx100-iii-memory-cards-speed-tests/

Maybe your best option is wait another couple of seconds before trying to delete an image?

OP
J
Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks Steve. I had read that post but wondered if anyone had any other experience with it. Yes I could possibly be more patient and I should probably just not try and delete shots as I go along either! No need to I guess with the size of memory cards these days. After spending a decent amount on a nice camera, I just wanted to make sure I was getting the most out of it.

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
No
I'm not surprised you find the card slow if it's only specced at 20 millibits per second. :p
I usually use Sandisk Extreme Pro but I've found the fastest Integral card (95MB/s R,90MB/s W) very good and capable of handling the full video speed of my RX10M3.