Sony vs Fuji

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Not sure I'd be comfortable shooting weddings with the likes of 56mm f1.2 or even 23mm F1.4.
Not sure what Nikon you use but something like 35mm/1.8 or 85mm/1.8 (on D750) are incredibly dependable in terms of nailing AF. Couldn't say the same for the Fuji lenses despite X-T3 being a rather good body.

Very few cameras win a beauty contest but Fujis certainly do.
The F2 range are about as fast as you'd ever need, 23, 35, 50, 90. The 16-55 2.8 zoom is also very nippy, if I ever miss a shot using that I know it's my fault

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Had an a6300, currently have an a6500.

They ideal need a constant set of 2.8 zooms.
Can't argue with that. Thought you were keeping the d750's until they died?

Its my feminine side showing through :D

New handbag is out with more features, therefore my old bestest ever handbag is now s*** :D

Dave

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure I'd be comfortable shooting weddings with the likes of 56mm f1.2 or even 23mm F1.4.
Since you're not a Wedding tog I'm not sure that matters lol

I do know well a couple of Fellows (as in Fellowships not just blokes!) in Weddings who do use those all the time - so I'm good with it :)

Dave

nandbytes

I owe Cobra some bacon
Edit My Images
Yes

I do know well a couple of Fellows (as in Fellowships not just blokes!) in Weddings who do use those all the time - so I'm good with it :)

Dave
How do you know I am not ;)

Fair enough if you are able to deliver I guess it doesn't matter.

nandbytes

I owe Cobra some bacon
Edit My Images
Yes
The're some of the faster AF lenses for the Fuji system, thought you were saying Fuji was unreliable for AF in general
Not at all. Just a few older lenses are slow. They are reliable tbh just a bit on the slower side.
An update to the lens AF gear would help to keep up with advancements in their latest bodies.

Name
Soeren
Edit My Images
Yes
I find the 16/1,4 and 56/1,2 pretty fast and reliable. The 18mm is slow in low light but the 35/2 is very fast

Last edited:

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
How did we ever cope with our MF speeds? Even the most sluggish lens I use is faster (and more accurate!) to focus than I was.

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes

Dave
Interestingly, at the photography show this year I watch a talk from a wedding tog that shoots with various Fuji cameras. He loved all of them and produced some properly stunning stuff.