Sorry AA and AAA Battery Charger again...

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I need some help getting a better battery charger. I already have the eneloop overnight battery charger and a normal 7DS one but want to get a smart battery charger. I would like a 8 battery charge but cannot find any good one which are not too expensive.

I have seen post on the Technoline 4 battery one and have also see some about the Accupower one.Based on price the Technoline seem better but is the Accupower one okay, also seen the Vapextech 8 one but that states it is a fast charge one so I presume not good as the other.

Any pointers as to which one I should go for:

1.Accupower
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AccuPower-F...d=1409290274&sr=1-21&keywords=battery+charger

2.Technoline
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technoline-...=1429436136&sr=1-1&keywords=Technoline+BL-700

3.Vapextech
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vapextech-S...&sr=1-11&keywords=intelligent+battery+charger

Thank you for your help.

Kev

They all have very good reviews- the choice looks like it is down to price?

Thanks.

The only thing putting me off on the Vapextech is the fast charge. The Technoline has has had a few bad reviews on Amazon over the last year so not sure of quality has gone down or just the buyers had been unluck.

It also depends on the battery chemistry.
Some battery's life is better with fast rather than trickle charge, Li-Ion batteries for example.

I have the eneloop and good to go 7ds ones.

Thanks

I use the Vapextech one, very good value for money, I have 7DS and Energiser batteries, charges both with no problems.

Doesn't it do fast, medium and slow charge? My one does but it cost £30.

Do not buy the last link you provided, I'm literally just about to return one to amazon that's 10 months old and sparks badly when power lead is put in, or wiggled during being on. Buy two of the top link you provided!

Do not buy the last link you provided, I'm literally just about to return one to amazon that's 10 months old and sparks badly when power lead is put in, or wiggled during being on. Buy two of the top link you provided!
Thanks for letting me know.

Doesn't it do fast, medium and slow charge? My one does but it cost £30.

Cannot find that on the Amazon link, will google to see if it does.

Thank you

I've just checked on Amazon and I bought the Technoline charger with a UK plug not the one I linked to.

It seems to work well but on the advice of another forum I only use it to condition the batteries or charge on low power. It took me days to condition all my batteries but I do feel I improved their charge holding because of it. Most of my batteries are now Vapex and I've not yet had a faulty one.

Been looking into this and I think I might go for the 7DS one suggested by Tim and get a 16 pack of the Good to Go AA batteries for the kids today, mouse and remotes. Already have 12 eneloop batteries which should do fine for the flash.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions.

Kev

Edit: 7ds one ordered.

Last edited:
Yeah I ordered last night as well along with more 7DS 2900 batteries. If I get on with it I may go for a second so I can charge 8 at once.

I use the Vapextech in combination with a MAHA-C9000. The Vapextech is absolutely fine for charging AA/AAA's, although the MAHA is in a league above as far as charge customisation and capacity measurement are concerned.

Mine Technline BL700 failed after about 3 years of very little usage. When I plug it in the whole screen with all the bars, letters and numbers turns on and when I plug the batteries they get very hot. So, I need to buy a new charger now. The one from 7 days shop looks decent, it has lots of good reviews and the value is also good.

I'm using the Technoline BL-700 battery charger for almost a year now with no problem.

Hi Tim,

It arrived on Saturday. For some reason the 16 AA batteries arrived on Wednesday but the charger and the AAA ones arrived together but in separate packages.

I have put a set on charge but how do you know when they are fully charged?

Thank you

Posted on another forum thread and need to wait till it states full.

I ordered some non rechargeable batteries and a pack of rechargeable that have arrived, but no charger.

shall wait til Monday I guess

I ordered some non rechargeable batteries and a pack of rechargeable that have arrived, but no charger.

shall wait til Monday I guess

Not sure why they do not group their orders even though they come from the same warehouse?

Fingers crossed it arrives today.

Always the way, they try and deliver when no one is home.[emoji20]

I set some batteries charging last night, two of the four were showing as full in the morning but the other two took over 16hrs. Not sure if this is a battery issue or charger...

Hi Tim,

Did you get your charger?

This is what the display on my one is like.View attachment 36398

What is missing on your one? Also at what rate did you charge the batteries at? I have been using 200 but not sure of it is okay to bump up to 500.

Thanks

Yeah I used 200 tried the next set on 1000 to test how much they hold, they're brand new 2900mah batteries. yeah display is same it does show 4 digits but not sure you'd fit in anything but a 1 on the far left

Tried some Envelop XXX's and they're measuring at over 2400Ah each which is good news. The display reverts to 2.4aH as opposed to 2400mAh. It seems I may have a duff in the new set of batteries. Shall be putting another lot of 7DS 2900's in to see the result.

So far the charger seems a worthwhile addition and much better than the previous Vapex one. £20 well spent!

Sorry silly question time, where do you see the 2.4ah. I have just put in some 7ds good to go ones which are 2150 maH, The first setting is the charge rate which I have left at 200ma, when I click on display it shows 002aH, display again shows 0.01h (which I presume is the charge time) and it then goes back to 200mah and finally to 1.33 v.

The manual that came with it is not good.

Thanks

Back