Sound volume and other pages scrolling on their own Now sorted

Cobra

Gregory House
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
As above, from the internet, I've tried virus scan, swapping mouse and keyboard ( wireless) and using different USB ports.
And even system restore to a couple of days ago. ( its only just started today)
Its not happening here, as above the sound "slider" and some other random web pages.
They are either scrolling down, or if its a wide page, from left to right.

Any thoughts?
TIA
Edit forgot to add W7

Last edited:
It sometimes happens to me......I find I inadvertently have an item of clothing (or similar) pressing on the space bar......... but I'm sure you've considered that.
No outside forces and it too late to be a ghost Halloween has been and gone ;)

Hmmmm?

Wireless input devices, perhaps failing battery levels causing such erratic behaviour???

As above, from the internet, I've tried virus scan, swapping mouse and keyboard ( wireless) and using different USB ports.
And even system restore to a couple of days ago. ( its only just started today)
Its not happening here, as above the sound "slider" and some other random web pages.
They are either scrolling down, or if its a wide page, from left to right.

Any thoughts?
TIA
Edit forgot to add W7

Seen THIS thread?

Many different solutions posted inc hot-swap wireless dongle.

Do you have a wired mouse that you could try?

i've had that in the past with a dirty mouse sensor, gummed up inside.

Laptop (with trackpad?) or desktop? Can you narrow it down to mouse or keyboard by pulling out one or the other USB dongle while the scrolling is happening? Do you have a wired mouse or keyboard to try? Does it happen when viewing the same site in different browsers? Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Hmmmm?

Wireless input devices, perhaps failing battery levels causing such erratic behaviour???

This. I had these symptoms with a wireless mouse (pointer moving of its own accord). New battery fixed it.

Hmmmm?
Keyboard and mouse + batteries about a week old.
Is this a laptop or desktop?
Desk top
Seen THIS thread?

Many different solutions posted inc hot-swap wireless dongle.
Thanks Roger, W7 And i've tried all applicable ones
I get this now and then - slightly glitchy touchscreen on the laptop - adjusting the hinge makes it go away.
I've also had it when something has come to rest on my Wacom tablet :)
PC No touch screen

i've had that in the past with a dirty mouse sensor, gummed up inside.
As above all about a week old.

Laptop (with trackpad?) or desktop? Can you narrow it down to mouse or keyboard by pulling out one or the other USB dongle while the scrolling is happening? Do you have a wired mouse or keyboard to try? Does it happen when viewing the same site in different browsers? Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Not tried the pulling out thing yet, But they both work off the same dongle. And I've just got hold of a wired set, I'll report back (y)

This. I had these symptoms with a wireless mouse (pointer moving of its own accord). New battery fixed it.

The mouse isn't moving just the side scroll bars and the sound volume

So the KB and mouse are brand new...............could there be a fault in it/them?

There are ( were) ghosts in the machine !
On advice from here, @Retune
Wired keyboard and wired mouse working (y)
and then
Wired mouse, wireless keyboard sorted ... so it was the mouse errrr
Wired keyboard wireless mouse errr that also works :thinking:
Next step both wireless keyboard and mouse.. yep that works too.

And yes I had tried uninstalling and re-installing both, & updating drivers, also re-booted the PC each and every time.
So I really have no idea what the hell was going on!
So far so good :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I got there in the end (y)

There are ( were) ghosts in the machine !
On advice from here, @Retune
Wired keyboard and wired mouse working (y)
and then
Wired mouse, wireless keyboard sorted ... so it was the mouse errrr
Wired keyboard wireless mouse errr that also works :thinking:
Next step both wireless keyboard and mouse.. yep that works too.

And yes I had tried uninstalling and re-installing both, & updating drivers, also re-booted the PC each and every time.
So I really have no idea what the hell was going on!
So far so good :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I got there in the end (y)

Ah! or should be Agh!

Computers, don't you just luv em :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :LOL:

Computers, don't you just luv em
I've always said technology hates me. Even those self service checkouts do weird stuff, if I even look like I'm going to use it :(

Back