Sous Vide

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Anybody using a sous vide for colour film developing?

Found one on special offer so thought I might give it a go as temp regulation was what was letting me down before!

Seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut ;) unless of course you wish to vacuum seal your negs ... guess it depends on how much it is though ...

Would an inexpensive aquarium heater with or without a controller be an option? (assuming you are talking about the dev liquid stuff ...)

Sounds like a plan to me, I've always fancied a sous vide for cooking but couldn't justify one based on how infrequently it would get used but dual use might jsut tip the balance. Watching this thread with interest!

Seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut ;) unless of course you wish to vacuum seal your negs ... guess it depends on how much it is though ...

Would an inexpensive aquarium heater with or without a controller be an option? (assuming you are talking about the dev liquid stuff ...)
You would use it in conjunction with a patterson tank, a bit like a Jobo.

I got one for about £20 from Aldi with this purpose in mind, but have only cooked steaks with it so far.

Had an aquarium heater but it was very inconsistent.

Found one that will clip to the side of a suitable container so will give it a go.

At the very worst I’ll have some nice steak at some stage!!

Sounds like a plan to me, I've always fancied a sous vide for cooking but couldn't justify one based on how infrequently it would get used but dual use might jsut tip the balance. Watching this thread with interest!

This was exactly my thought process!!

IMG_0708.JPG

Having moves house can’t find the chemicals box so it is just steak at the moment. That said temperature is consistent in the water bath!!

I had no idea that Jobo kit had become so hard to come by, I had a CPE2 back in the day.

Just looked it up on eBay - blimey I thought these would be plentiful and in the £10 range.

Back