South-West England South Devon Location suggestions

Edit My Images
No
I'm just getting into nature/outdoor photography and after suggestions for locations to visit.
Stover lake is on my doorstep but a little busy at weekends, I had a scout around Slapton Ley last weekend and am planning a visit to Exminster marshes tomorrow.
I think I spotted some SEO's near to Princetown recently which will also be another outing as will the Otters and Beavers I know reside quite locally.
Does anyone have any other recommendations for places worth a visit?

Topsham flats - there's a hide near the big white building just up from the Bridge Inn.
The low area beside Bridge Road leading up from the big roundabout towards Countessweir (I think you can park down to the left as you head uphill).
Powderham.
The river Otter between Budleigh Salterton and Otterton.

You might have missed your chance this season but look at the Stuart Line birdwatching cruises from Exmouth. I've done two now and they're great value for money (order a hot pasty) and a great way to see the huge number of birds that winter on the estuary. You go up to Topsham and back. There are also birdwatching trips on the Seaton tramway up through the marshes. Just different ways to see wildlife with a guide.

Stover during early mornings until about 10am is fantastic, before all the kids on bikes arrive.
The Deer at Powderham can be seen from the old Starcross road. Parking is limited so you're best to park at Starcross and walk 10 mins down. One of the main reasons I bought my 150-600 for this year. :)
Haldon Forest has a bird area, Deer, and a butterfly trail; plus a bird of prey outcrop.
Also, the floodplain on the river as Nod suggests is good for a quick outing if you're not looking for any wildlife that's too unusual.
Also you could try the path from Darts Farm at Topsham, down over the River Clyst footbridge and onto Bowling Green Marsh if birds are your thing.
If you are willing to go further afield, the deer at Exmoor are very popular.

To add to Steve's suggestion, if you're aiming at the Powderham deer, I'd start at the Exeter end of the road and see if there's a space in the lay-by on the straight then carry on to Starcross if you're unlucky; mainly because pulling out onto the main road at the Exeter end is a biatch! You can often get good shots of the deer from the Powderham farm shop car park in Kenton.

Back