Space Shuttle Discovery

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
No
Posted here and in Transport as i didn't know which would get more airtime.

Apart from the settings not being quite right, i was really quite happy with this photo (total amateur :) ). Obviously it's a bit cropped, not sure where the noise came from but that's what i'm trying to learn.

STS-133.jpg

Please be nice to a newb :D

I would so love to see a launch before they all retire, probably not going to happen tho'. I like this capture, nice composition. Could perhaps do with some small tweaks in pp to make it pop. I'm no expert, but contrast adjustment might help. I'm sure there will be some good suggestions.

Where did you take the picture from?

Looks like the flag says Kennedy space centre?

Nice timing. I'd take artistic licence and flip it so the flag reads the right way, maybe tweak the contrast up a tad too perhaps, but overall I like it.

yeah took the pic from the KSC Visitors Centre. I would have no idea how to do that :D

To get any sort of shot of the space shuttle would be amazing!!!

Is a little noisy, but I would be pleased with any sort of shot!

WOW i would love to see this

It was taken with my EOS 350D - i've now upgraded to a 40D courtesy of a kind member here selling his. I don't think i had it on the right settings though as it's too noisy. I hired a telephoto from lenses for hire the 100-400 Canon EF LS USM one, that was one amazing lens. Oh to be rich!

WOW i would love to see this

2 more chances! STS-134 in April, and 135 sometime in June - that's it then! Even if you don't get tickets you can see it from most of the surrounding area with some careful planning.

Yes it's a bit noisy. But rockets are:LOL::LOL:
You are a lucky individual to see the launch, and I do not think your picture is as bad as you might think. The flag helps in my opinion.

A little risky having the flag in frame,a sudden gust the wrong way could have ruined the shot :bonk: :p...think I've added the appropriate smilies

Truthfully,it doesn't need the flag imo,the shuttle is/should be an awesome spectacle by itself alone
(Shows initiative I guess)

WOW .....
I've seen the shuttle umpteen times from my home in Hartlepool.
If it launches around sunset, next one due 24th April 2011, look to the South West. That shifting point of light is the STS !

But it would be fantastic to see one as close as the image shown here.

Mega envious.
Print it 8 x 10 and send off the JSC, as the crew to sign it. You'll need to send it to each individually. But mention that your planning to get the crew, you never know they may do it for you.
A signed Discovery photo that you've taken yourself, !!!!

Eddie.

NB ... website for satellite transits etc ..... www.heavens_above.com

Yes I have to admit i would also love the chance of seeing one of these launch, looks a good pic

Back