SPF Medal.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not one for shouting from the rooftops but I'm going to indulge for once, as it's possibly my biggest achievement in club photography.

At the Scottish Photographic Federation (SPF) digital image competition on Sunday 19th November, Kilmaurs Photographic Club took first place in the prestigious Bowie Trophy competition and won the gold medal. The win qualifies the club to represent the SPF at the British (PAGB) Championships in May next year.

There are two competitions running in parallel: “The Plate,” and the “Bowie Shield.” The “Plate” requires a final entry of 15 digital images and is designed for clubs with a small membership, (although a fair number of larger clubs enter this too). The “Bowie” is the more prestigious competition and requires a final entry of 20 images.

A panel of three judges individually mark each image out of 5, and the three scores are added, to give a score out of a possible 15 for each image. The 20 scores are then added together to give each clubs’ final total.

There were entries from 37 of Scotland's photography clubs, with 13 of these in the “Bowie”, and there was an attendance at the event estimated at 200.

On the day, our final entry included images from 8 Kilmaurs members. In general terms, the marking was strict with a lot of scores of 9-11; a good score was 12; and there were only a few people achieving 13-15. However, 9 out of KPC’s 20 images achieved more than 12 points. My own “Wren on a Bullrush” achieved a top score of 15, and this also won me a bronze medal in the “Judge’s Choice” category.

Kilmaur's total score was 249, and there was mounting excitement as the results were announced. We suddenly realised we were in the top three, and were delighted when we were then announced as the winners of the trophy!

Here is a link to the SPF website for more details of the results.

Linky

IMGC3284 SPF Medal NEW PS JP TP.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'd be playing my own trumpet from the rooftops were it me.

Congratulations to both you and the club. :clap:

Well done Dale, congratulations ;)

very well done!

Congrats all round Dale (y)

Congratulations Dale, yours looks a lovely image- can you share a bigger version please?
Well done!

Congratulations! I'd be playing my own trumpet from the rooftops were it me.

Nice work, well done!

Congratulations to both you and the club. :clap:

Well done Dale, congratulations ;)

very well done!

Congrats all round Dale (y)

Well done Dale

Congrats mate. (y)

Congratulations Dale, yours looks a lovely image- can you share a bigger version please?
Well done!

Excellent news, congratulations to all involved.

Well done, Dale :banana:

Incidentally, I seem to recognise the top landscape image :thinking:;)

Great! And a lovely picture. Well done on all counts :D

Thanks everybody, much appreciated.

Well done, Dale :banana:

Incidentally, I seem to recognise the top landscape image :thinking:;)

Mike, I never made the connection, very well done sir. :clap:

I'm not one for shouting from the rooftops but I'm going to indulge for once, as it's possibly my biggest achievement in club photography.

At the Scottish Photographic Federation (SPF) digital image competition on Sunday 19th November, Kilmaurs Photographic Club took first place in the prestigious Bowie Trophy competition and won the gold medal. The win qualifies the club to represent the SPF at the British (PAGB) Championships in May next year.

There are two competitions running in parallel: “The Plate,” and the “Bowie Shield.” The “Plate” requires a final entry of 15 digital images and is designed for clubs with a small membership, (although a fair number of larger clubs enter this too). The “Bowie” is the more prestigious competition and requires a final entry of 20 images.

A panel of three judges individually mark each image out of 5, and the three scores are added, to give a score out of a possible 15 for each image. The 20 scores are then added together to give each clubs’ final total.

There were entries from 37 of Scotland's photography clubs, with 13 of these in the “Bowie”, and there was an attendance at the event estimated at 200.

On the day, our final entry included images from 8 Kilmaurs members. In general terms, the marking was strict with a lot of scores of 9-11; a good score was 12; and there were only a few people achieving 13-15. However, 9 out of KPC’s 20 images achieved more than 12 points. My own “Wren on a Bullrush” achieved a top score of 15, and this also won me a bronze medal in the “Judge’s Choice” category.

Kilmaur's total score was 249, and there was mounting excitement as the results were announced. We suddenly realised we were in the top three, and were delighted when we were then announced as the winners of the trophy!

Here is a link to the SPF website for more details of the results.

Linky

View attachment 407137
Just incase you wasn't aware, I won the Best Landscape image with the image at the top of the SPF page ;)

Just incase you wasn't aware, I won the Best Landscape image with the image at the top of the SPF page ;)
Congrats to you also Mike (y)

Back